Tutorial Part 2

When I opened my eyes, I was standing in a circular arena surrounded by at least 1,000 people. I looked down and realized I was holding the notebook I always used to write the things I saw, experienced and learned. I didn’t remember having it with me before. When I opened it I saw that there was absolutely nothing written on it. Strange.. but it would be useful to keep notes in since it was a mystery game.

Looking around, I saw that the arena was very large. It was entirely paved with tiles made of black granite that was shingly polished. As I continued to look around, I saw that there were 8 narrow, round towers scattered in a random pattern. Behind me was an enormous gate with colossal metal doors.

Suddenly, a large podium rose from the ground, followed by a crow that was at least 10 feet tall. "

“It’s time for the tutorial to start” The crow's voice was harsh and nasally.

Some people started to look confused. “We were not told about a tutorial!”

“What’s the tutorial?”

The crow turned to the people who asked the questions.

“It’s not my job to tell you about the game.”

Then turned back to everyone else. “It’s time to start the tutorial. You have 5 seconds to prepare. 5…”

Some people started to panic and scream.

“Shit, what do we do?!”

I walked away from the panicking people. After all, if we really are going to play a mystery game, it would be better to stay away from people who couldn’t think straight.

“….1,”

Suddenly a gigantic wheel rose in the center of the arena.

“It's time for the Wheel of Fate~. Spin the wheel to see your fate~.” It sung.

Then the wheel began to spin, revealing the many outcomes we could get.

“Ding, Ding, Ding. Your fate is Pillar Party! ~,”

As soon as the words stopped, a screen appeared on my face.

Objective–Survive the pillars for 2 minutes.

Rewards—???

FAILURE - DEATH

After seeing that, many people started to scream and run and trample each other towards the gate, banging them in an attempt to escape.

“I don’t want to die.”

I could hear their screams. I was also afraid. I was shaking but I knew that the only way to survive was to survive this.

The pillars started to rotate and move outward slowly. They moved towards the gate, where people were banging to get out. When one of the pillars was slightly close to them it sped up and before they could realize a few of the people were crushed while others were blown away by the impact. But the gate wasn’t damaged at all.

After seeing that, everyone scattered around desperately to avoid the pillars. But the pillars started to speed up even more causing some people to get thrown into the walls.

“1 minute remaining”

The continuous scream made me unable to stop and think, I could only desperately run. If I relax for one second, I could be smashed by a pillar. But while running I was pushed by another person.

The continuous scream made me unable to stop and think. I could only desperately run. If I relax for one second, I could be smashed by a pillar. But while running, I was pushed by another person.

Falling onto the floor, I could the pillars moving towards me. I tried to crawl away, my face completely paled in fear. The pillar was only a few meters away and in that split second a figure jumped toward me, rolling away with me. The person grabbed my hand running away with me.

“Get up on run unless you want to die.”

I got up and, upon looking further, I could see that the person who saved me was an older woman. She looked as if was around 30 years old. She had brown hair, straight hair that messily hung over her thin face. She seemed to have a scar that ran down the side of her cheek.

“1 second remaining… Game Over,”

I tried to calm my rapid breaths and looked towards the woman, who was still tightly clasping my arm.

“Thank you for saving me,” I said quietly.

She let go of my arm

‘But why I wanted to ask, but the woman spoke before I could.

“It’s no problem. You reminded me of my daughter, you both got a little chub to ya.”

The crow, who hadn’t been visible for the past 2 minutes, appeared.

“It’s the end of the tutorial. You have a 1 minute resting period before you are allowed in the city.”

The entire arena was silent, and there were only about 30 of us left alive.