Part 2

"Jane, I think I'm pregnant"

"Wait, you what?!"  I yelled

"I haven't been feeling well, especially around the decomposing bodies and I'm late."

I saw tears stream down her face.  "oh sweetie, it's going to be okay."

"You don't know that Jane.  It was just some random guy.  And I'm not exactly mother material."

"Maur, you have options."

"Are you saying?!" She yelled at me.

"No, I mean, yes, but you should do what feels right."

"Theres no question that I'm gonna keep this baby."

"Wait, have you taken a test?"

"I did just before you came in.  I haven't been able to look at the results."

"Oh, okay.  Well, maybe you're not pregnant."

Maura was still holding the test.  She was gripping it so hard her knuckles were white.  I looked down.  Her hands were covering it.  I pulled it from her grasps and looked down.  Two lines.  I glanced up at her.

"It's positive, isn't it?"

"Yes."

She began to sob.  I grabbed her in for a hug.  She resisted but I held her tighter.

"You can do this, everything is going to be okay.  Do you know how far along you are."

"Well my last period was 5 weeks ago and I slept with Dennis around the same time, so at most 5 weeks."

"You have to talk to this guy um-"

"Dennis."

"Ya, Dennis."

"What if he wants me to get an abortion, what if hes going to try and take the baby away from me."

"Nobody could do that Maura."

"If he proves me to be an unfit mother."

"Oh and how is he going to do that." I said snarkily.

"I don't know.  Jane I'm scared."

"Of course you are, anybody would be."

"Will you help me?"  She asked me.

"of course I will"  I said pulling her in for another hug.  "You know, Ma's going to be thrilled."

"You think so?"

"Of course.  marua you're like her daughter and since none of her children are likely to give her grandchildren anytime soon, she'll be thrilled."

"But she has TJ."

"Ya but with this whole Lydia thing, she doesn't get to see him very often."

"What about Hope."

"You guys are in a really good place right now and trust me Maur, shes going to want to be here."

"Really?"

"Ya.  Sweetie, don't you need to schedule an appointment."

"No, unless I'm bleeding or cramping, I won't be able to go in for another few weeks."

"Okay so until then?"

"Well, home pregnancy tests aren't always accurate so I'll do a blood test." She walked over to the body where she had her cart of all her medical instruments.  She pulled out her blood drawing kit and handed it to me, rolling up her sleeve and tying the turnabout around her arm.

"wow, Hey I can't do this."

"C'mon Jane, it's just drawing blood."

"No, I'm gonna hurt you." I whine.

"Please, just put the needle where you see one of my veins."

"No, you do it."

"Fine." She said as she pulled the needle and stuck it in her arm.

"Oh my god Maur."

"I'll just send this to Susie and she can test it."

"Um okay." I said still shocked at what I just witnessed.

She began to walk out but turned around.  "Please don't tell anyone."

"Course."

"And can we just not talk about it for a while, until I get the results."

"Ya um just send me what you find about COD when you can."

"K, thanks Jane."

"Hey Maur, if you need anything, you can come to me." She smiled and walked out.

I'm not really happy with this chapter but the next will be much better. And i'm kinda having writers block with this story.  I haven't really thought about where I want it to go so sorry if it takes a while to update.