Chapter one

Ace
I loved her, she was my everything , but she cheated. She begged me to stay but I knew her more than she knew herself and I knew she would do it again. So, I had to end it. It took everything in me but there will be someone better for me.

I had no where to go, until my best friend Alex Cutler invited me to stay at his home with his family. I was beyond grateful and will forever be in debt to them. I move in tomorrow and have been packing all day. I'm excited for this new chapter in my life.

Next morning
I packed all my stuff in my truck and headed off to the Cutlers house. I knocked on the front door only to be greeted by the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on.
"You must be Ace" she said.
"The one and only" i said with a grin.
Mrs.Cutler ran to the door embracing me very tightly.
"You are here! We are so happy to have you Ace" She exclaimed.
"I'm very grateful to be here beyond your beliefs!" I said.
"Blair don't be rude say hello to Ace" Mrs. Cutler said scolding the girl.
"Hey, i'm blair. Glad you are here" She pushed through.
"Nice to meet you Blair"
Seconds went by when my best friend came to the door and yelled "ACE OF SPADES"
I gave my friend Alex a hug and they let me in. I unloaded my stuff from the truck and Mrs.Cutler showed me my new room. "Stay as long as you like" she said as she shut the door. The room was spacious, it had a king bed with a comforter on it. There was a giant window seat that let in the natural light. I loved it. It was me.

1 hour later
I heard a knock on my door.
"Come in" I said. It was Blair.
"Hey dinners almost ready."
"Oh great, thank you" I said.
I walked down stairs to the whole Cutler family sitting at a large dining table.
I took a seat and smiled. "My family never ate dinner together" I said.
"Well you are apart of our family now Ace, and we eat together." Mrs.Cutler said making me feel warm inside. She was the nicest lady i'd ever met. We were served lasagna, with caesar salad, and fruit. I broke the silence, "This is very delicious."
"Oh you are too kind" Mrs.Cutler exclaimed. "I need a ride to cheer tryouts tomorrow mom" Blair said.
"Oh I can't I have a parent teacher meeting!" Her mom said.
"I have football" Alex said. Alex was on his college football team.
"Honey i'm sorry i have work" Mr.Cutler said.
"Well how am i going to get there!?" Blair said getting frustrated. "Maybe if you got your license like a normal 18 year old does" Her younger brother Jack said with an attitude.
"I can take her!" I said nicely.
"Oh that's so sweet of you" Mr. cutler said. "Thanks Ace" She said. I was happy to take her, it's not like i had anything going on anyway.

After dinner i helped with the dishes and  went to my room to unpack. I heard my door open and it was Alex. "How do you like your room" He said.
"Yeah man it's awesome"
"Good, my family is wondering if you want to watch a movie with us."
"I'd love to"

They were watching A Quiet Place 11.
I took a seat on the couch and grabbed a handful of the very buttery popcorn. I glanced over at Blair, it turned into more of a stare. She was laying on a long couch. Her long blonde locks was braided into two long dutch braids. Then our eyes met, I looked into her ocean blue eyes. She smiled and i looked away. This isn't going to be easy.