Lesson I - A mountain yet to climb

"W-what are you doing here?!" Miku shouts, distressed.

"Heh, believe me, I'd cut off my own left hand rather than being here with you, but your father has entrusted me with your academic success. This fine gentlemen here is Fuutarou Uesugi, my dearest friend and assistant. He's here so that I won't kill you, and he will take over half of the tutoring sessions."

"Uesugi..." Yotsuba mutters, hair shadowing her eyes.

I clap my hands. "Alright spoiled brats! Everyone in the living room! Fuutarou, the material."

"On it!"

I look at the table and see only Yotsuba and Miku.

"Miku, where the FUCK are the others?"

"I-ichika is sleeping, while Itsuki and Nino are in their rooms since we came back home, and I haven't heard of them."

I take a deep breath. "Ah. Better bring the big guns, then!"

Rushing up the stairs I stomp down Ichika's door. "Wakey wakey! Get your ass out of bed!" I grab the covers and – "Put some clothes on, for fuck's sake!" Still sleepy but with scared eyes, she nods.

"And clean this dumpster of a room!"

After this last sentence, I walk to Itsuki's room and knock. "Itsuki Nakano, for the love of God, if you don't open this fucking door and come down with the others I swear I'm gonna enter myself and take revenge for the scar on my chest! And believe me, it sure wouldn't be pretty...a girl with a scarred face doesn't attract boys!"

I hear rumbling from the inside and a teary-eyed Itsuki opens the door and exits, making her way into the living room. Now to Nino.

NINO POV

Play the theme song.

As soon as we came back home, I locked myself in my room, crying and remembering. Remembering the look on his face, never once scared, but instead scaring, like he challenged us to break his spirit. We never succeeded, so we threw him away. Back then our philosophy was very simple, and twisted.

We can't have it, nobody should.

But when he was finally gone, our happiness was short-lived. Werealized that the only person who didn't see us as some sort of god was gone,and from that sense of longing love sparked.

I know it's gonna be hard to gain forgiveness, but we're giving it our all.

Between hiccups and sobs, I hear his voice. It's soft yet powerful, just like I remembered. "Nino, come on. Get out of there, you have to study. I'm wasting my time being around the people I hate the most in this world only because I have a responsibility towards you all and, if you failed because of my negligence, I wouldn't forgive myself."

A wry smile plasters on my face. "That's so like you, 'Western Samurai'."

I hear him laugh and then I open the the door.

OUR POV

"That's so like you, 'Western Samurai'."

Nino's voice reaches my ears and then she opens the door and hugs me. Then, she whispers.

"I love you, and I will gain your forgiveness and trust. Then, you'll love me back."

"Then this is your first lesson, Nino. You and your sisters have a mountain yet to climb, and I'm waiting at the top for you. Don't make me wait too much."