Lesson III - Festival Chaos

It's a free day, a Sunday, the best day (not really) in the Uesugi household. We can see one Fuutarou Uesugi head down in his books, cursing to himself.

"WHY CAN'T I JUST STUDY IN PEACE WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT THEM?!"

Back to Our POV

Hm. Seems like Fuutarou is finally going crazy. Oh well, tonight there's the festival so I'm sure the Quints are gonna bother us when we go tutor them, like they always do.

Yotsuba POV

Oh, I'm so excited for the festival tonight! I can't wait to see the fireworks with Uesugi-san and Gabriele-san!

Maybe he will remember...

"Are you Yotsuba Nakano?" a voice asked, from behind me.

"Yes, who's ask-MMF!"

3rd Person POV

The man puts a piece of cloth on Yostuba's nose and mouth, and then a car speeds by and collects the both of them. Yotsuba has been kidnapped.

Timeskip – Back to Our POV

I was preparing the reviewing material for today's session, when my door got slammed open. I look at the culprits and I see the Quints. Wait...there's four of them?

"Gabriele-kun!" Nino shouts, leg still in a kicking position.

"Yotsuba! She...has been kidnapped!"Miku completes, tears falling from her eyes.

"How do you know that!?"

"They called dad for ransom, and we eavesdropped the call! She was on a grocery trip and never returned home!" Ichika lunges at me, and I hug her to comfort her crying self.

"Can't we really do anything?"Itsuki shouts, in anger and disbelief.

"Gabriele, what's the prob-oh, girls. Wait, where's Yotsuba?"

"Fuutarou, she's...been kidnapped."

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

Until..."Oh, no, no, no, that can't be , right? I mean, she's a bit of an airhead but...please tell me it's not true! Please, tell me the love of my life is not gone!"

"EHHHH!?"

"Gabriele, remember the Kyoto girl?"

"Yeah, the photo you keep in your student handbook."

Ichika widens her eyes in realization, with Itsuki following suit.

"It was Yotsuba! I...I confronted her a couple of days ago, and she told me everything- I even confessed to her, and she accepted! She said that there was a time she loved someone else, but now that we finally reconnected...please, we must do something! Please!"

The girls are taken aback by Fuutarou's outburst, and just then my phone rings. Looking at the caller ID I widen my eyes.

No, not now...

"Sorry, gotta take this."

I exit the apartment and walk down the road, to then answer as I am distant enough. "Detective Moramoto."

"Gabriele, we need you."

"Why? There's no underground gambling activities at the moment, is it not?"

Long story short, I sometimes help the police by competing in underground fighting tournaments and providing information on the different ringleaders and their schemes. Nobody has ever seen my face anyway, so it's fine...I guess.