Chapter 7 (Year 2)

A/N~ I'm not here for votes or reads, all I want are some true readers who would acknowledge my work. So please don't be a silent reader.

*

And do you remember those 3 shooting stars & Arjun's wish from the previous chapter?

If not then read the last line once more.

Happy Reading! 💖😊

_________________________________________

The brightness of the summer sun reduced as the season of shedding leaves arrived, replacing the summer harvests with autumnal glades and marking the completion of the second year of that unfortunate event.

Arjun's beloved sat on her garden chair surrounded by the freshly trimmed autumnal blooms of velvet yellows and reds.

"Draupadi," a cheerful voice broke the pleasant silence.

She turned to see her twin approaching closer, keeping the unfinished garland of white flowers which she was weaving for Lord Shiva, she stood up.

"I wanted to inform you about a great thing that has come up," beamed the fireborn.

She sighed with a look of disinterest, gesturing him to continue. She had a feeling nothing great could happen to her except the Almighty fulfilling her wish of reunition with her better half, her Rajkumar Arjun.

"It's this letter," he smiled and told her of the letter he'd got a few moments back, from the King of Kashi who'd fixed the date of Dristadyumna's marriage with his youngest daughter, Rajkumari Abjini.

For the first time, he could think of his life apart from being a brother as his heartbroken sister had finally stopped mourning over her past.
In fact, she had recovered a lot after receiving that letter from the owner of Gandiv.

Maharaj Drupad unfolded the scroll and let Draupadi read it first. Dristadyumna didn't know what was written on it, but the glow on his sister's face suggested something good.

"It's written they've completed the first stage of their penance and now they are not far from accomplishing their goal," she explained.

Drupad smiled seeing his daughter's genuine smile and Dristadyumna too joined them.

"Don't you remember, Pitashree went to the kingdom of his childhood friend Kashi Naresh Adhiraj to seek the hand of her daughter for me," the fireborn reminded.

"Yes, I do."

"As per their traditions the wedding rituals shall take place in the kingdom of Kashi, so we are heading to my in-laws tomorrow," He squealed in excitement.

"But, I can't go Dristadyumna," she whined.

Expecting her to deny his every effort to be a part of the celebration, he applied the final stroke, "Kashi is also famous for the temple of Vishwanath, now if you don't want to accompany us, it's fine."

The Yuvraj of Panchal turned around trying to hide his smile and walked a few steps before hearing what he wanted.

"No! I mean wait !"

"Yeah ?"

"Don't leave without me, I don't want to disrespect them by not coming," she added.

Dristadyumna jumped in joy and held her hand, "Then tomorrow it is !"

Such was his gleeful aura that Draupadi couldn't help but reflect a part of it.

*

Streaks of yellow light poured over the autumnal foliage tinting them in shades of burning flames, covering the water in sheets of gold and blessing its seekers with the light of hope.