Introduction To The Fiery Duchess

Lord John Howard, 1st Duke of Norfolk was the son of Lord Robert Howard and his wife, Lady Margaret de Mowbray whose father was the 1st Duke of Norfolk under the first creation. 

Lord John Howard was the great-great-great-grandson of Sir John Howard and Lady Joan De Cornwall who was the great-granddaughter of King John of England and his mistress Lady Joan.

Lord John Howard was the founder of The Howard Duke of Norfolk in England in 1500 century and he fought valiantly for The Yorkist during the War of Roses that broke out on May 22, 1455 and finally came to an end on June 16, 1487.

The War of Roses came about when King Edward III who married Philippa of Hainault in 1328 who had 8 sons and  4 daughters.

Prince Edward  

Prince  William 

Prince Lionel, 

Prince John of  Gaunt

Prince Edmund of Langley

Prince William of Windsor

Prince Thomas of Woodstock

Prince Edward, The Black Prince married Joan of Kent, The Fair Maiden of Kent and they had Prince Richard II who married  1st  Princess Anne of Bohemia and 2nd Princess Isabella of Valois but they had no children and he designed his cousin, Roger  Mortimer through Lionel, Duke of Clarence through his mother, Princess Anne, but it didn't happen when Prince John of Gaunt's son, Prince Henry of Bolingbroke seized the throne and forced King Richard II to abdicate and he became King Henry IV of England and he married Lady Mary de Bohun with who he had 4 sons, Prince Henry, (King Henry V of England) Prince Thomas of Clarence, Prince John, Duke of Bedford, and Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester but only his eldest son, King Henry V who married Princess Katherine of Valois had a son who became King Henry VI of England who married Princess Margaret of Anjou and they had a son, Prince Edward who married Lady Anne Neville and they had no children, but Prince Edward was killed and Princess Anne Neville went onto marry King Richard III of England who ascended to the throne after the death of his eldest brother, King Edward IV of England as he had declared his brother's children illegitimate.

Lord John Howard was a loyal Yorkist and he fought valiantly for his sovereign, King Richard III and was killed on Bosworth in 1485. 

Lord John Howard married Lady Katherine Moleyns and they had  two sons and four daughters, and it was his heir, Lord Thomas Howard that succeeded him and Lord John Howard married a second time to Lady Margaret Chedworth and they had one daughter, Lady Katherine Howard who married Lord John Bourchier 2nd Baron of Berners.

Lord John Howard was of royal descendant from both his father 's side and mother's side and he was the eldest grandson of Lord Thomas de Mowbray whose daughter Lady Margaret married Lord Robert Howard.

Lord John Howard's eldest son, Lord Thomas Howard 2nd Duke of Norfolk married twice,   Lady Elizabeth Tinley who gave him a number of children,  Lord Thomas,  Lady Elizabeth, Lord Edmund, who you may know about Lord Thomas Howard who married Princess Anne of York and then Lady Elizabeth Stafford 

Lord Thomas Howard and Lady Elizabeth Stafford had Lord Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey,  Lady Mary Howard, Countess of Richmond, and Lord Thomas Howard, 1st Viscount Howard of Bindon.

Lady Elizabeth Howard married Sir Thomas Boleyn and they had Lady Mary Boleyn, Queen Anne Boleyn who married King Henry VIII of England and they had Queen Elizabeth I of England. and Lord George Boleyn. 

Lady Mary Boleyn married Lord William Carey and they had Lady Katherine Carey and Lord Henry Carey,  1st Baron Hudson. 

Lord Edwin Howard married Lady Joyce Culpepper and they had Queen Katheryn Howard who married King Henry VIII of England.