Chapter 2

It's Monday and I'm trying my best to get ready for school on time.

The weekend was boring. I was actually looking forward to Monday. I dreaded Monday! So the fact that I looked forward to Monday proved that I was very bored.

I was so bored that if my life was a movie I wouldn't watch me on weekends. If that makes any sense at all.

Dad came back home yesterday night so I won't have to take public transport to school so that is a relief.

I quickly bath and get ready for school. I sit in the kitchen reading leisurely as I wait for Dad to finish getting ready so he can take me to school.

The ride to school was very quiet. No one said a word but I was perfectly fine with it though. I loved the quiet.

Dad dropped me off at school at I told him goodbye as I walked up to the school building.

"March!" Joey said as she spotted me. "Whatever happened to you on Friday, why didn't you join us it was so much fu-"

"I don't want to hear about it, you enjoyed, let's go to class." I said cutting her off. Truth is, it really pains me when I've missed something and you have to remind me of it again. Let it just be.

During Literature class, Lonard sat behind me. I was sitting next to Joey. He was smiling the entire time and I thought it was because of me. Can you imagine that!

But as soon as the lesson ended, he turned to Joey and said "Joey, I had a nice time Friday." He smiled and left ignoring me completely. What did I expect? That he would just come to me and say that he loved me and I am his soul mate? I was heart broken. I didn't even look at Joey, I just got up and left the class half running. Joey followed behind me calling. Please let them ring this stupid bell, I begged and as if the Lord heard me, they rang the bell for us to go home. I just left the school building and went home without Joey following me.

****
I was tired. I was angry. I was sad. I was heart broken. I felt betrayed and I wanted to be left alone.
I didn't need anyone. I just wanted quiet. But as soon as I entered the house Sam came jumping at me as if knowing I was in a bad mood and wanting to make it even worse.

I shoved him hard on the ground. I didn't need him near me. Not now. Sam started crying and I walked past him heading to my room.

Mother came out to see what was going on and as soon as she saw Sam crying she came over to and slapped me.  I didn't expect it. "Stop treating this boy this way. Why don't you have a little compassion. If you continue like this you might end up lonely the rest of your life!" Mother spoke angrily. I didn't say a word. I just held my cheek and went straight into my room.

The words Mother told me hurt me deep like a knife and I cried bitterly. I'm a monster! I'm a total jerk to that little boy and I'm going to end up lonely as Mother said. I cried and cried until my head hurt.

My room door creaked open and Sam stood there looking at a crying me.

"I'm sorry March." He told me tightening the grip on his teddy. He looked so innocent.

"Get out." I said and he left.