Chapter 1

Ugh!

I was supposed to pick him up again. Why didn't Mum pick him up, considering the fact that she leaves work early on Fridays.

What pained me the most was that Joey, Priscilla and I had planned to go to Wonderfood. The only time I was supposed to be socially active has been taken away from me and I hated it. I let out a loud cry of frustration as I walked through the dusty road. Some people glanced at me probably wondering whether I was mad.

By now my shoes were covered in rich brown dust as I headed to the blue building. Mum had always hated my way of walking. She normally says I do not walk like a lady. 'You gather the whole world's dust when you walk. Why can't you walk like a lady.' She would say. I sat down by the bench inside the school and waited for Sam to come out.

Since I had nothing to do, I dazed off thinking about my future family with Lonard which likely will never come to pass.

After twenty good minutes of thoughts Sam came out just as I was having my first child with Lonard.

"March!" He shouted as soon as he spotted me. He ran towards me. He was very dirty, and his shirt was untucked. He jumped on me and I quickly pushed him away because of his sweaty body and bad odour.

"Ew, what were you doing?" I said scrunching my nose a little.

"Playing" he responded.

"Let's go." I held him by the hand and we walked out of the school building.

Sam kept on singing rhymes as we walked home. I hated walking home, but then what choice did I have? With a Dad like mine, your life is choiceless. If that even makes sense. Sam kept skipping along and running way ahead of me and I had to run to catch up with him. I kept on shouting his name for him to wait and that got people looking at me like I was mad so instead of looking like the mad girl I decided to let him be.

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream. Mewilly, mewilly, mewilly, mewilly...."

"Arrgh Sam! You are spoiling the song it's not mewilly for God's sake! It's merrily." I told him. He likes to sing the song but he never takes correction to sing it well and honestly, it gets on my nerves.

We finally arrive home after a bunch of rhymes and shouting. Mother sat in the living room enjoying her moment without kids that has just been ruined by our arrival.

Sam, the ever cheerful and excited went on to jump on Mum whiles I said my greetings. Mother laughed and kissed Sam all over causing him to giggle. If it were me that would have been a whole different scenario. I stood there spectating their little moment of play until Mother grew tired.

As soon as I was making my way into my bedroom, Mother called.

"March, go and bath your brother please. I'm tired."
I pouted and grumbled. First, I get to pick him from school and cancel my plans with Joey and Priscilla then I get to bathe him, really.

"Go inside and take off your clothes" I told Sam grumpily.

I sat on the couch for a while trying as best as possible to calm myself down because I was very angry. I was so tired from walking under the hot sun and dusty road and I didn't even have the energy to wash myself let alone Sam. I took three deep breaths and went inside.

What! Guess what? Sam hadn't removed his clothes for me to wash him when I went inside, instead he was playing with my laptop that I left on my bed this morning. I couldn't control myself. I went there and hit him on his back. He shouted and started to cry. He deserved it. I'm so tired right now, why does he have to make everything so difficult for me?

I angrily removed his clothes and moved him to the bathroom. I washed him and when he continued to cry I hit him again to shut up. He cried even louder.

"What's happening in there?" Mother's voice echoed from the living room. "March, I didn't tell you to beat him for me, if you cannot just wash your brother then leave him!" She scolded.

Now I'm the bad one. I always am. Everything that happens will be blamed on me just because of Sam.

He stopped crying and after I bathed him I dressed him and left him to go outside.

He went on and cuddled to Mother while I took my bath all the while thinking of how things were before Sam came into my life.

After I was done bathing, I dressed and lay on my bed comfortably to do my stuff.

I go online and that's when I see that I've missed out on a lot by not going to Wonderfood.

Joey and Priscilla sent me pictures of how they enjoyed. Every body's status showed how they enjoyed at Wonderfood. And to make matters worse even Lonard was there! I was so heartbroken that I just put off the crap that I managed called a phone and screamed in my pillow. I was so frustrated. Instead of having the time of my life I was there jumping with a six year old singing rhymes.

I took my laptop to watch some movies. I didn't have to worry about anybody scolding me since Dad was out of town and Mother didn't care. She was busy cuddling with Sam anyways. I opened my laptop and I realised that Sam had cracked it.

I swear I wanted to strangle him.