Prologue: Home sweet home! Or is it...?

(Disclaimer: this will take certain story points, facts, and logic from the Pokémon games as well as the anime to make up Yuu's backstory which will be brought up some time in the story. If you wish to read her BIO before it's brought up in the story, check my Tumblr blog - https://yuu-the-pokemon-trainer-of-nrc.tumblr.com/ )
(And for the record, I OWN NOTHING!!!)

The turbines in the plane were humming as the brunette - Yuu - stared out the small window by her seat. Sitting beside her was her partner-a bipedal fox-like creature with a thick amount of black fur covering the torso and a long red mane with black tips tied with a teal bangle near the end of it. The creature known as Zoroark. Yuu narrowed her eyes as the clouds started to part, revealing the lush-greenery of the four islands of Alola. The sunset made the sea surrounding it look like liquid amber. Behind her glasses, Yuu's cyan-colored eyes shimmered at the sight. She smiled fondly as she said, "We're home, bud." Zoroark softly responded, "Zor..."

After they landed, and strolled through the Airport, with Yuu dragging her luggage behind her 'til they were greeted by an old friend. The platinum-blonde waved at the trainer and her partner as she called, "Yuu, alola!"
The young woman appeared to be the same age as Yuu. Her blonde hair was braided up in a high ponytail-a light-pink visor that sat atop, shading her green eyes. She was dressed with white clothes—a short-sleeved sailor shirt with a pleated skirt that reached just above the knees. Beside her was a quadruped Pokémon with long wispy blue fur with white tips. She had big blue eyes that give off a cool gaze. Her nine long conjoined tails wagging at the sight of them.
Yuu greeted back, "Lillie, alola!"
As they made their way out of the airport, they strolled through Hau'oli City. The two girls quickly made their way to the Malasada shop and got themselves and their partners some sweet treats. When they exited the facility, they found the nearest bench right near the beachside. Yuu looked at the sea engulfing the sunset, the water glistening. Children playing in the water shallows, with Pokémon such as Rockruff, Pichu, and a Popplio that caught Yuu's attention. She deeply breathed in the salty sea air. The nostalgia Yuu felt from the beginning of her trainer days wash over her like a wave. Her train of thought then reminded of when she, Hau, and Lillie took their first picture together-courtesy of Rotom.
Yuu looked back at Lillie and commented, "Is it just me, or did you get a bit of a tan."
Lillie explained, "Well, I have been working with my father at Poké Pelago."
Yuu recalled Mohn as the guy who managed Poké Pelago; a collection of small islands that her Pokémon are sent to when they're not traveling with her. She rubbed her head, "I'm still wrapping my head around the fact he was your father this whole time... How are you two getting along?"
"Great! He's so wonderful with the Pokémon! And we've also made some expansions for them! Including a snowy area especially for the Ice-type Pokémon that might have grown weary of Alola's tropical climate and even a garden," Lillie explained.
"That sounds amazing! Speaking of Ice-types, I see Snowy evolved." Snowy, meaning Lillie's Ninetales. Snowy cooed, "Ni!"
Lillie smiled brightly as she said, "That's right, my father had been giving me tips about battling. So we've also been doing some training of our own. Eventually both Snowy and I felt it was the time for her evolution."
Yuu smiled. She remembered how Lillie was too afraid to step foot on a rickety bridge when they first met, as well as how she initially didn't like battling herself. But now, she has Pokémon partners of her own and became stronger on her own merits. Yuu said admiringly, "You've grown a lot."
Lillie blushed at the compliment, "Oh! It's not just father! Both my mother and Gladion helped out too."
Yuu looked skeptical as she repeated, "Your mother?"
Since Yuu had met Lillie's mother—Lusamine—who she didn't know was her mother at the time- she felt there was something off about her. She was the president of Aether Paradise- a place where sick and injured Pokémon are rescued and nursed back to health. However, Lusamine herself was twisted and self-absorbed. As well as being a controlling parent to both Lillie and her brother 'til it drove them both of them away as a result. After the whole Necrozma incident, Lusamine seem to have changed for the better and regretted her past actions. Though, Yuu still kept a suspicious eye on her.
Lillie nodded, "Yes, she's trying hard to make up for what she did back then. Gladion can see it too. We even went on a trip and entered a competition together, so we can battle as a family."
Lillie looked at a distance as she says, "Sometimes the woman from back then, and the mother I know now feel like two different people. She's much kinder now."
Hearing that, Yuu looked up at the sky and thought to herself, You're a much forgiving person than I am. And then said, "I guess there are people that do change for the right reasons. I'm happy for you, Lillie."
"Thanks, Yuu. Oh! How rude of me! I didn't ask how YOUR trip to Galar went!"
"Oh that! I got some good training done, learned a few martial art moves, and made a few new friends along the way. In fact..." Yuu pulled out one of her Pokéballs and tossed as she called out, "Corviknight, come meet Lillie!" As the Pokéball opened, a dark-armored oversized bird made his appearance in a flash, then cried, "COR!"
Lillie gasped as she looked up at him in awe. As she then approached him she said, "My, this is my first time seeing a Corviknight! It's so much more magnificent than I imagined."
Corviknight looked down at Lillie, looking unsure about what to do. Lillie started to rummage through her bag, then pulled out a small paper bag that had the malasada logo on it. She then took the malasada donut from it and offered it, "Here, I'm not sure what flavor you like. But I'm hoping we can be friends."
He was tacken' in by the girl's kind light-green eyes. Corviknight look to Yuu and Zoroark, who both nodded the "go ahead". He then quickly snatched the malasada from Lillie and ate it in one gulp. The taste made Corviknight cry cheerfully, "COR! COR!"
Yuu laughed, "He likes it!"
"Oh good!"