VIII

"Laurel, I need that file on the homicide of Mr. Wells. Oh and can you tell Melissa to get me a coffe? Thanks." You say.
It's been 4 years since the Queens Gambit crashed. You haven't forgotten about Ollie. You now work at CNRI with Laurel. Every spare second of time you have, you look into the crash. You know he's alive. There's a feeling inside of you that just knows.
Laurel hands you the file.
" Here you go.... You want to take a lunch break in 5? I'm craving Big Belly Burger right now." She says.
"Yeah sure, just give me a minute to put this away." You say, walking to your desk.
After Big Belly Burger, you go back to the station, only to find the news on and every one standing around the table.
"The particle accelerator is more than half done and the protesters are still outside STAR labs even though it's 30 degrees out. In local news, it's been 4 years since the Queens Gambit has crashed on its weekend voyage. We still mourn the deaths of Robert Queen, Oliver Queen-"
You take the remote and shut it off. The thought of Oliver being dead gets on your last nerve. You storm out of CNRI. It's dinner, so you text Laurel.
TEXTS WITH LAUREL
You: Hey, what are we eating for dinner, I'm starving.
Laurel: Hey. Sorry I can't make dinner tonight, I have a late meeting. I'll order you Chinese and have it delivered. Sorry speedy. Love you
You: love you too.

After eating Chinese and watching Friends, you take out the tub of peanut butter ice cream with Oreos that Ollie half ate. You turn on the chick flick channel and take out the picture of Ollie. You set it beside you and talk to him like he's still there.
When you've finished, you pick up the picture.
" Oliver Jonas Queen, I love you. And I miss you. And I know that you are still alive. So please Ollie. Come home. Your family misses you. I can't live my life without you anymore, Ol. Please Oliver. Please.." You say, crying. You can't wait for the day that Ollie walks through that door again. And you know that he's still alive. Because he's a fighter.