soft melodies for you; binsung

changbin had always made little melodies and tunes for his boyfriend, it was his own odd way of showing affection. he would go that extra mile to get a copy for their cassette player because even though it was changbin's parents; jisung absolutely loves using it.

changbin, being the best boyfriend in the entire world, noticed jisung's habits lately, always picking at the hem of his shirt, rambling to an extent, tripping over his own feet or the air a little too much.

he noticed.

jisung wasn't feeling okay and changbin wanted to make a melody to cheer him up.

moving to the living room where jisung was, changbin flopped himself down on the couch, the side jisung wasn't hogging, it was cute to changbin though.

with his headphones in, changbin got to work, collecting inspiration to make the perfect melody for his just as perfect boyfriend.

(a/n: ima just use the 'Cause I Like You melody because 

it is fucking good, if you disagree, kindly kiss my ass then fuck off <3)

he already had everything recorded from previous sessions or previous times he made songs for jisung, they just didn't go with what the 'aesthetic' for the melody and tunes were.

after a few hours of trying to perfect this one track, it was done.

organising everything was a pain.

but,

it sounded totally amazing to changbin.

smiling to himself, changbin looked over to the other part of the couch, jisung wasn't there, instead, the latter was in the kitchen, cooking dinner. changbin must've been so focused that he didn't even notice.

he got up with his laptop carefully in his hands and walked over to the kitchen, straight for the marble island bench. "sung, bub, i've got a song for you."

jisung perked at this, turning his head ever so slightly to show changbin he was listening, he was also trying not to mess up while making dinner. changbin took this as a sign to play the song, so he did just that.

the melody started off slow and quiet then built it's way up, getting a bit louder and more vibey, as jisung would put it.

the guitar in the melody just sounded perfect to jisung's ears.

everything sounded perfect and beautiful.

as the song was coming to an end, jisung turned to finally face his boyfriend, "that was the most beautiful thing i've ever heard, binnie."

"i loved it." jisung said, his heart-shaped smile was genuine and was so wide. this made changbin smile too, his cute, sweet smile that jisung loves.

"thank you so much, binnie"

"i'll get it on a cassette tape for you tomorrow, yeah?"

"sounds good to me, i love you."

"i love you too, sung."

they stayed there, playing all the tracks changbin made for jisung in that one night, sometimes they danced to the tunes, tried to come up with lyrics or just peacefully listened.

they were with each other.

~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~

hi guys, 

this probably isn't the update you wanted but i was too upset to write smut or update one of my stories without it messing up completely, my dog passed away on Saturday, had the funeral and burial for my dog on Sunday 

and just before, had someone toying with my feelings, i cried and they got mad about it when it was their idea to "make me jealous". 

i couldn't bring myself to write anything else than something that'd make me happy and that was this short story.

thank you, i love you all.