𝖔𝖓𝖊: 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 ~ 𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖒 𝖌𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖌𝖍𝖊𝖗

🪐

🪐 𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊 🪐

🪐

friday 14th june 1959
( I know richie joined the Beatles on august 18th 1962 but for the sake of the story let's pretend its 1959)

|

connie sullivan was never one to catch a cold, her immune system being brilliant, but on this particular friday morning she continued to have the sniffles as she walked through the winter snow to school. the snow was continuous and connie wanted nothing more than to stay in bed all day, cuddling up to someone. no one in particular, just someone who was willing to cuddle with her.

as she rounded the corner she heard the voice of her bestfriend, richard starkey, call out to her from the tree before her. although richard was 19 and her 16, the two were always attached by the hip. they had met when connie was 13, richie 16, at a family party. he was no relation to her at all but her cousins boyfriend at the time.

connie and maureen weren't exactly good friends, cousins or not, and once richie and the young lass became friends, maureen did nothing but kick off; shouting about how much she hated the 'boyfriend stealing slag of a cousin she was related to'.

charming, right?

"eww, it's richard starkey" connie teased, walking up to him as he extended his arms to her. jokingly, she ducked underneath his arm as she went to hug him. "nice to see you too" he laughed, ruffling her blonde hair.

"oh shush" she smoothed out her now messy hair as she coughed lightly. richard noticed this, a worried look sketching across his face. "you alright?" he asked.

"gear" connie smiled, eyes hooded.

"ye' sure?" richard had a tendency to worry about connie, his heart aching to make her happy. no doubt about it, richard starkey had skyrocketing feelings for connie and as much as he wished he could do something about it, he wouldn't; afraid he would loose her.

"anyways, i have to be okay today of all days" connie prompted, earning a puzzled look from the older boy.

"i have my last big exam today" she reminded him.

"oh," he drawled out. "good luck"

"cheers" she thanked. connie was studying drama; her wish being to make it big as an actress. all year round connie revised,working her ass off to be told by her teachers she would never make it because it was a mans job to work whilst she stayed home cooking and cleaning all day.

she was determined to prove them wrong, women having the rights to do whatever the fuck they wanted to do. her plan was she'd work so hard she gets accepted to study acting in college, storm into school (preferably once she had left) and shove the proof in the teachers face, shouting at them for putting her dream down, all before telling them - in the kindest way possible - to fuck off.

that was once all her exams were finalized, so with a huff connie and richard continued to walk before they parted their ways. connie to school and richie to play his drums somewhere.

🪐

scribbling the last word down, connie sighed. richard didn't go to school anymore, having the opportunity to leave at the age of 16 so connie never had any company from him at the lousy school. even if he did attend school she wouldn't be able to see him anyways; her attending the girls school whilst he would be in the boys school.