Day 1: Deal With The Devil

I woke up extra early only because I wanted to have some time to myself before I started my day with River. I honestly don't want to do this, but a deal's a deal and I never break my promises. Besides, it's not like he's going to make me change my mind. Right?

Anyways I threw on an outfit and went downstairs to get a waffle. I didn't want to wake up Hannah so I slipped out into the backyard. Our house is what people here call “quaint” but has lots of land around it. But with Hannah’s dad in charge of the building, it became the 4th biggest house in the neighborhood. He does landscaping and stuff like that. I can’t really remember what it’s called though.  We live in the suburbs, so our neighbors consist of mainly people with kids or people who are retired with extremely large homes. It’s confusing how we got put in here.
I sat in a lawn chair with the sun glistening on my face. I barely ever got a chance to do this, it was so relaxing. I loved it out here. No disruptions, no voices, and NO River Phoenix. But I spoke too soon because literally the minute I thought that I heard a voice from behind. One that was too deep to be Hannah. I whipped around to see the blonde haired boy leaning against the wall.
“Beautiful day isn’t it?” He asked smirking.
“What the hell? How did you get here?” I asked completely freaking out on the inside.
“Your lovely friend Hannah called and told me your address so since I was already in the car, I figured I might as well just come now. “ He said taking a seat next to me. I rolled my eyes. Of course Hannah would invite him over.
“So how would you like to start our week together?”
“I don’t know, how about we play twenty questions?”
“Sounds fair enough. Okay, do you have any siblings?”
“Yes, my baby brother Jayden. Okay, do you have any siblings?”
“Yes, Joaquin, Rain, Liberty, Summer and Jodean.”
“Interesting…”
“My turn. How about animals, what kinds of animals do you like? “He said pulling out a pair of glasses.
“Puppies and cats are fun; the usual. You wear glasses?”
“Yeah, sometimes I just put them on for fun. Okay my turn again. What is your favorite food?”
“All foods. What’s your favorite movie? One that you were in.” I asked bluntly.
“Probably, Stand By Me or Running on Empty. But I really loved My Own Private Idaho. “
“Never heard of it.” He laughed and stopped the game for a minute.
“Okay hold on, if you’ve never seen this movie than you need to meet someone.” He said getting up and extending his hand.
“Who?” I asked accepting his offer.
“A friend.”
“What friend?”
“His name is Keanu.”
My facial expression changed from confused to freaking confused. Keanu? Who the hell is Keanu?