Give Love a Try

I woke up at 9 am to find that I was alone in our big house. Today was the day…I guess. I prayed to God I wouldn’t regret making the decision I made. I walked over to my phone and hesitated for a moment, then decided to call him. I slowly pressed down on each key with my shaky fingers.  The line ringed…ring…ring…ring…hello?
Oh my God he answered.
“Hello?” He repeated.
WHAT DO I SAY?!?
“Hi…” I said hoping he would recognize my voice.
“Elsa?” his voice cracked slightly.
“Hey Riv…” I said in the same tone.
“H-hi…How are you?”
“I’ve been better, how about you?”
“Okay, I guess.”
“Well, that’s um…nice. I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to go out for lunch or something.” I face palmed and paced around wrapping myself up in our phone cord.
“I-I would love that…when?”
“Today? I mean today would be nice.” I mumbled.
“Okay, that sounds great…is 3 okay with you?”
“3 is perfect.”
“Okay, I’ll pick you up at 3.”
“Okay.”
“Okay…I’ll see you.”
“Kay, bye…”         
I hung up and slid down the wall. Crap what’ve I gotten into? I guess I should go get dressed then. I darted up to my room and threw everything in my closet on my bed and floor. I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!! I know I seem like I’m overreacting but deep down it’s just my nerves getting the best of me.
I finally found something to wear and I looked at the clock seeing it was 10:30. TEN THIRTHY ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I JUST GOT FULLY DRESSED AND I HAVE TILL 3.  I sighed and went downstairs to watch some TV. I apologize in advance for my laziness, that’s just how I was made. After 5 episodes of Murder She Wrote, I went out into the backyard and sat by our pool. It really was a nice day, I just hoped I wouldn’t ruin it. This lunch was the right choice, I should know that. But part of me felt like I was going to regret this. I don’t know what it was.
I realized that all he asked me for was one week…it’s been almost 2. I’ve never felt this way about a guy before. I’ve only had one serious boyfriend and he cheated on me. It’s been a while since I’ve been in the ring, but if River is interested then maybe it’s about time I got back into dating.
Because you know what, I am in love with River Jude Phoenix.

                                                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around 2:45, I decided to reapply some of the obvious necessities for going out to wherever the heck it was River and I were going. He said he would pick me up, but I didn’t know where he was gonna take me. It was just like the first time we went out. Just then my doorbell rang. Crap.
I walked down stairs and looked through the peephole seeing the blonde haired boy that I ran into on the street, then again at the movies. The boy who tricked me into his mysterious game and made me realize that one week was more than enough to see that he was not like the other movie stars. River was the man I had fallen in love with. I just wish he loved me back.

“Hi…” He said half smiling when he saw my face.
“Hey…ready to go?”
“Yeah, absolutely.” He gently took my hand and led me to his car.
We sat drove in silence for a good 20 minutes before someone said something.
“So how’ve you been?” He asked keeping his eyes dead set on the road.
“I’ve been…okay I guess.”
“That’s good. I’ve been okay too.”
“That’s good.”
Oh my God could this get any more awkward?
“So where are we going?” I asked
“That’s a surprise.” He smirked.
“You are so mean.”
“Well I’m sorry for trying to be creative.”
We were both smiling now. This is exactly how I hoped it would go. Fingers crossed nothing bad happens. I felt some butterflies in my stomach and I almost wanted to scream at them
Keep your shit together you little monsters. Stop making me feel this way about him. 

The restaurant we went to was a small bistro near a lake I didn’t even know existed. I had never heard of this place but it was kinda of sweet. It was quaint, like you were walking into a cute little cottage or villa in Italy or something. We got a table for two outside in the courtyard and ordered some waters.