Chapter Two

Laughter rang through the small village pub in northern Ireland. The scent of home brewed alcohol clung to the breath of every mouth in the bar. But by far the loudest bunch in the place were the American archeologists. Sitting around the corner table joking about how they had left all the hard work to their female colleague.
"She's probably still waiting at the entrance for us to show up and help her unload the cargo." Jested a heavyset man from New York. "How naive of her to think that we were going into town to get supplies like we said." Stated a man who had a look of wealth and arrogance about him. "Tomorrow morning Carl, you and I will walk into camp with some supplies and she will have been so scared by the bugs that she would not even have gone inside." Speculates the New Yorker. With a voice dripping with sarcasm Carl retorts back " she'll be so happy to see us she wont even ask for a cut of the profit Bob."
Turning to his other colleague in the corner Bob asks "Whats eating you tonight Tony your never this quiet." "I am just conflicted over leaving her at the site and lying about getting supplies. We said we would only be gone for a day but its already been two days what if something happened the storms been getting progressively worse."
"Don't worry about it the night is young live a little." states Carl. "I guess so." Tony responds with an unsure look. Bob looks at the now empty beer glasses and frowns.
"Hey can we get another round of beers over here." "Go easy on the beer we still need money for supplies." Warns Tony. "Right away gentlemen." Announces the waitress.
None of the group notice the man with golden eyes in the back of the bar staring at them. Right as their next round of drinks comes Tony gets the feeling of being watched and quickly looks around the bar. Scanning the room Tony's eyes land of the cloaked figure, but before he can take another look the man is gone. Well that was odd he thinks to himself. Deciding it was a trick of the light Tony turns back to his friends and proceeds to finish the next round of drinks.