Wind took her away

It's 2:08.

WAIT WHAT TIME IS IT?

I rushed out of bed and started getting ready for school.

" Mom, why didn't you wake up?" I say loudly.

I brushed my teeth and put my journals in my backpack.

" Mommmmm! "
I get no response....

It seems a abnormally quiet. My mother always snores. I go to my mother's room to see her bed made. All the room clean, and a letter on the bed. I grab the letter and skim through it. The words in the letter have me in shock.

I drop the letter. Words kept repeating themselves in my head, reminding me what the letter said.

I rushed to Annable's room to find her asleep with her cuddling monkey wrapped around her arm.

She's still here.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

I called the school in order to let them know that we weren't going to go school.
I informed them a family matter had presented itself.

"Danny?" Annable's sleepiness was drawn all over her face." Why aren't you in school and where is mommy?"

Two questions that I couldn't and wouldn't answer truthfully.

" I wanted to take you to the carnival. Remember Mommy went to a business trip, so we can do whatever we want." I smiled in a mischievous way.

Confusion peered out of her eyes.

She is confused, because mom never told us that and I never told her we were going to the carnival.

"Really?" She asked " I must have forgotten... "

" Yeah, go get changed before we're late." I told her.

She left me, leaving me alone to the thoughts that never left me.
Take care of Annabel. Daniel, don't forget that I love you guys. I just... I'm sorry.

She left. She left without a good bye

Maybe we'll see each other another day. I know you'll take good care of your sister. I hope you can one day understand the reason why I'm leaving.

She left and it was because...