Getting Ready

Chapter 1
Mia

I honestly can't believe it's my last year of high school . I know everyone says it's flies by, of course I didn't believe them till now. The fact that in two months I'm going to be in my senior year is scary. But it's also summer . I want to make the most of it because it's my last summer before my life begins.

" Mia Jackson's here " my mom yells from downstairs .

" I'm coming." I yell back. Today like every first day of summer me and my best friend Jackson are going on a road trip. However it's the first year we can both drive and go by ourselves . I hadn't asked him where we are going yet. Kinda like a surprise. I finish packing my things making sure I have all the necessities that I need . Toothbrush/ toothpaste check, hair brush check, swimsuit just in case check, old cloths check, cute outfits check, hmm I think I have it all. But I feel as if I'm missing something. But I can't think of what it is and I have to get going . I zip up my suitcase and grab my wallet. I take one last look in the mirror before heading down stairs. Jackson's sitting on the sofa talking with my parents . He's always been close with my family especially sense he's my moms best friends son. Me and Jax became the best of friends . Our moms would always take us on play dates when we where little . So many goofy pictures. We never drifted apart as we grew up in fact we grow closer. But within the last three years of high school my feelings have changed . I've dated other people of course actually not to long ago me and my ex broke up after 2 years. But the attraction I feel towards Jax is so strong . Of course he Doesn't know this and I really don't want to ruin our relationship over it so I've kept my mouth shut for all these years.

" Hey Jax are you all ready to go ? You have everything right ?" I ask him.

" Hey Mymy you know I'm not dumb of course I have everything. I was just waiting for you. I was just discussing with your parents the road trip plans."

" Huh." I say " well that's not fair they aren't the ones going I should know!" Jax laughs . And boy does my stomach do flips . That's smile . Is to die for .

" You said you wanted to be surprised Mymy so stop pouting . It's not the best look on you. " I scowl at him.

" Well honey make sure to keep us up to date. Me and your father will be worried sick if you don't. I love you both please be safe . " I smile at my mom.

" Don't worry mom. We'll be fine. I love you." I give her a hug and Jax gets up off the sofa. We Exchange goodbyes with my parents and then we head to his car.