What I Didn't Say

"Excuse me, are you a student?"

    "Uh, yes."

    "Are you out shopping? Student budgets can be pretty tight, don't you think?"

    "I suppose...," I started to walk faster as soon as I got off the escalator. Unfortunately, she can walk just as fast if not faster.

    "Did you know you can get a student discount up to twenty percent with most stores around here?"

    "That certainly would be nice," at this point I was practically running. This girl will not give up, will she?

    She stopped, "For real! If you sign up with us, you can use our card for big stores like H&M and Walmart!"

    "Oh... but I don't really need another credit card..."

    "It's really great though! We have a booth set up right over there, I can get you signed up! It'll only take five minutes!" she started walking towards the aforementioned booth.

    "That sounds great, but I... really don't...," before I could finish my sentence, even though it was going no where, a hand firmly grabbed on to my shoulder and started to drag me away from her.

    "Nice try, octopus-arm. He's not interested," the hand that grabbed me was Antares', he always saves me from situations like this, it's because I have a problem saying no. He dragged me into the food court and sat me down at a table with our food already there. He probably was waiting for me to get here when he saw me. "You have gotta learn to say no. You always get roped into these kinda situations."

    "Sorry Ant'. I was going was to say no, but running off would have been mean..."

    "They were the mean ones. They were trying to take advantage of you, idiot! You made me think you got lost too." After Antares finished his sentence I received a text.

Shiro: I see you

    Wait, what? "Rawr." Shiro sneaked up behind me... and scared me so much I stood up and screamed.

    "W... Why would you do that to me?" I was practically crying.

    "Because, I knew you would react like that," Shiro I'm going to kill you.

    "Hey Shiro, what took you so long," Antares talked ending our conversation.

    "What is that supposed to mean? I'm here on time, you're just here early."

    "Wait, were you two supposed to meet here?"

    "Yeah, to drop off an item. He told me not to tell you, he wanted to surprise you."

    "Mission cleared. By the way you owe me one, I had to lug this around along with what I already have in this bag."

    "Yeah, thanks. I know, I'll buy you a drink sometime," if they were trying to whisper, they weren't doing a good job at it.

    "Now that you mention it," Shiro finally talked normally, "I have this rapidly developing insatiable thirst as we speak!"

    "Subtle, real subtle," soon after Antares' phone went off.

    "Alyssa?" It probably was her, she always calls him.

    "Yeah," Shiro then stood up.

    "Go take your mushy girlfriend talk over there, and can you get me my drink, please?”

    "Fine fine," Antares walked off in the direction of one the smoothie kiosks. While he walked Shiro watched as him.