Chapter Nineteen - Yellow Card

Continuation from Chapter Eighteen

Dixie's POV

I have a date with Noah tonight. What will we do? What do I wear? I've never actually been on a real date. I mean I've hung out with Nick, and gone out with him, but they weren't dates. I need to shake it off, focus on school while I'm at school. Throwing my playbook into the locker, I grab my things for French class and head that way. I also can't believe Noah is now in the play. Serves Mark right though, all he does is mess around. Now I'm also his tutor in drama! Well, I guess I'll have to be around Noah anyways without being his history tutor!

The class goes very slow, and I'm only sitting in the fifth period, which happens to be my lunch period, as I dig through my salad. I wish I had homework or something to do because I'm sitting here alone. I don't normally sit alone, I don't normally sit here period. I normally go to the Home Ec room and eat in their secondary kitchen. But today, I wanted lunch since it's just a salad. Otherwise, I bring my own, or just make something from what's in the kitchen.

"So you're actually in here today!" Nick slides across the bench sitting next to me. I look up at him from my tray.

"You're talking to me now?" I ask, mixing around my food more. Earlier today he freaked out at me because he found Noah's phone number in my phone. Talk about overreacting! He stormed off and hasn't said a word to me since, and he is in two of my morning classes.

"I figured you didn't want to sit here alone. I normally sit by the guys." He points towards a group of his baseball friends. Glancing over I see them all-watching with smirks. "They think you're my girlfriend." He sighs.

"You've told them I'm not I assume," I say, looking away from the group of boys and to him. He turns a bit pink and scratches the back of his neck. "You didn't!?" I say, what's with him! Why would he let his friends think we were together?

"I've tried telling them, but they have never listened to me before! I just stopped telling them no! I never said we were!" he defends himself. I set down my fork, not sure how to respond. I'm even madder with him than I was earlier! "Don't be mad." He whispers.

"Are you kidding? No, I'm not mad. You act like a jealous ass boyfriend and let your friends think we're together, no...I'm not mad at all!" I sit back crossing my arms. I hear snickers coming from the table of his other friends. I rolled my eyes and glared at Nick. He leans forwards wanting to say something when the door to the cafeteria swings open. We both look over, and I recognize her right away. It's Noah's sister Tatum. She walks in looking like your everyday Beck. Perfect in other words. Following behind her is Noah himself, and they also seem to be at odds with each other.

"Dixie! Seriously! You're starting now!" Nick says waving a hand in front of my face. I look back at Nick, he did just catch me staring but what do I say? This doesn't change my mind, I'm still mad. "What's going on with you two? I want the truth," he says.

"Nothing is going on, Nick. Quite worrying... it's not like it's your business anyway." I lean away. Grabbing my fork again, I look down at my food. I need to not focus on Noah and Tatum.

"It is my business, Dixie! If he is messing with you or trying to get with you then it needs to be stopped," he demands, and I roll my eyes.

"He isn't messing with me!" I whisper harshly at him, and he now rolls his eyes at me. "He is."

"Dixie, I need to talk to you." Noah leans over the table next to me, I jump, pulling my hand up to smack him. "Whoa, tiger!" He smiles at me.

"Sorry! You scared me!" I say. "Reaction," I say, pulling my hand from his. He smirks, and I wave at his sister Tatum who is peeking out from behind him. "Alright fine. I was done here anyway." I say gabbing my tray. I wave to Nick but he is just glaring at me. Serves him right. Once Noah, Tatum and I make it out I turn demanding to know what he needs. For us trying to be secret here, it isn't working.