Chapter 3 - Rei

Author - Hey I'm back!! I decided to update once a week (maybe even twice if I get the chance to :D ) Enjoy the chapter lovelies

Back to third person

You wiped away your tears and laughed.

"I'm just kidding sweetie! You're a hero now, can you believe it!"

You're dad and his way of loving you. It was annoying sometimes, like that one time he came home from the hospital to visit grandpa and he was crying. We thought something bad happened.

"Dad, what's going on, what happened to grandpa?" You sat down, trying to comfort yourself by running your fingers across your knuckles.

"He's in a better place now." He smiled and put his hand on my shoulder.

You're eyes widened and on the verge of crying.

"You want to see a picture," He said, taking out his phone.

You nodded while trying to control yourself.

Then he showed you and your mother a picture of him in front of some type of care home.

You chuckled at the memory as you patted your cheeks dry of the previous tears. I really need to learn how to not cry whenever dad brings bad news, I keep expecting the worst, you thought as you made your way down from the building.

You made your way to find Fuyumi, who was talking to some other heroes and Hawks, who stood smugly with is hands in his pockets. You stood next to Fuyumi who smiled back at you and introduced you to some heroes. You noticed a certain pair of golden eyes glancing at you, so you looked back and raised an eyebrow.

"Hey," you said, trying to match his laid back demeanor.

"Hey," he said, returning the energy.

You stood there for a moment and nodded. He clears his throat.

"So, uh, since you're going to be a new hero and all, maybe we could hang out sometime? I'm sure Endeavor will let you roam around a bit." He rubbed the back of his neck casually.

You grin. "Sure, that would be nice."

Fuyumi taps your shoulder and tells you that you both have to leave. "Oh right, I'm sorry to cut this short," you said, slightly bowing your head.

"No worries," he said winking, "mind if i get your number first? For plans and stuff."

You felt something flick in your chest, and you could feel a slight amount of heat framing your face as you reached into your pocket to grab your phone. After exchanging numbers, you and Fuyumi get back home (and dining out) and you collapse on the bed.

You haven't been here for too long but it seems your head was already adapting to the new time zone. Your eyes start to get heavy and you fall asleep.

Time Skip brought to you by Skippies peanut butter

You woke up and it was early in the morning. The smell of cherry blossoms could be smelled from your room, since there weren't really any actual windows around and the whole place was traditional japanese, so the walls to the outside were just wooden framed parchment.

You get ready for the day and your a metal suitcase sat near your door. You take it in your room and open it. You smiled at the hero costume that was neatly put inside

You put it on and check your phone. You received your email confirming your being a hero, which also instructed you to work with your new fellow heroes before choosing to settle with a hero agency. You also heard that students from UA will be joining you as sidekicks and interns, which made you excited for the opportunity to get to know the new generation of heroes.