Introduction!!!

A/N: sorry guys this is just the introduction to I Am The King's Mistress.

------------------------------------------------

It just so happened that one night I found an old friend of mine, Lady Kenna. Well, she wasn't a lady when I knew her. We grew up together in Scotland until we were about five she just all of a sudden left to be a lady in waiting to the future queen. I had to admit I was more than jealous. Of all of the perfect girls around here she chose my best friend. Anyway, My name is Margaret. Margaret Hannigan. My family owned a huge amount of land, cattle, and money in Scotland. We returned to my parents native land of France after selling our cattle and land. It was a nice start, a chance to redo my life, and find a suitable position for me. My father was a duke and naturally my mother was a duchess, making me a Lady. Originally, I didn't want to come to France but my father told me that I could find a lot more suitors in France than at my home in Scotland and that he had business to attend to at French Court, meaning that he could ask the king to help find me a decent suitor. I didn't officially decline after that. I knew my father knew what was best for me and I trusted him. I was also extremely curious as to why he was in a hurry to move to French Court again. Every bit of the scenery was beautiful on the way to French Court, I just wished that I could have ridden on the outside instead. I loved the outdoors but my mother always insisted that I learned to become a house wife. I didn't want to but I did for my mother. My mother told me often if I wanted to find a husband to take care of me then I would have to take care if him. Then eventually we would have children to carry on the family name. I just hoped I could find a suitable husband.