Chapter 1: Down

It was nice day outside and Russell has decided to run to Mr Fredricksen's new home for a visit. He knocks on the door.

Russell: Mr Fredricksen.

While reading World War II and Cold War propaganda as it gives him memories of the good old days but not as much as Ellie's Adventure Book. Carl hears the door, gets out of his new chair and opens the door to Russell.

Carl: Russell! It's good to see you again! 😃

Russell: Hi Mr Fredricksen! 😃

Carl: Come in, I need some help here with this new thing I got. 😃

Russell: Of course Mr Fredricksen. 😄

Russell walks in and Mr Fredricksen shows him his new MacBook.

Russell: You got a computer.

Carl: Yes and I need help with it.

Russell helps Mr Fredricksen with setting up his new computer and they finish. For fun, Russell wanted to play a game with him and so he goes to play a game called The Scary Maze Game. Mr Fredricksen participates as he is curious about the hip thing kids today have been doing lately and so he just likes to catch up as he became a more joyful person.

Carl continues to play until he saw the face of an ugly little girl

The picture scares the Bejesus out of Mr Fredrickson and he jumps out of his chair

The picture scares the Bejesus out of Mr Fredrickson and he jumps out of his chair. It scared him so bad his chest started to ache and he calls Russell.

Carl: Russell. I need help!

Russell immediately calls 911 and the dispatch answers but she is taking too long to answer.

Dispatch: 911 What's your emergency?

Russell: My friend is having a heart attack! Please send an ambulance!

Dispatch: So your friend is having a heart attack?

Russell: Yes.

Dispatch: Ambulance has been sent right away.

Russell puts down the telephone and helps Mr Fredricksen get up and put him in his couch.

Russell: It's okay Mr Fredrickson. The ambulance is on the way.

As they hear the ambulance, Doug wakes up from the floor and smells Mr Fredricksen.

Doug: Master?

Doug barks after hearing a knock. It's the ambulance and Russell runs to open it. They come and take Carl. The moment they take Carl into the truck. They checked his pulse and he was not breathing. Carl Fredricksen was dead. Russell cries and Doug howls. After one month, Russell's "father" decided to arrange a funeral. The funeral happens and it was surprisingly small. As the people left, Russell takes one last look at Mr Fredricksen and sheds one tear. After he mourns, Russell gets a call from his blue tooth and the caller is just mad.

Caller: Herro! Why you no come back home?!

Russell speaks in Korean and answers.

Russell: Pick me up, father. I'm ready to come back home. (In Korean)