Chapter 1

Ok so this is my first time writing a story on here, so I hope you like it.

Second is my disclaimer, I don't own any of the characters, or places mentioned.

And now I present to you, my first fan fiction! :D

(Back to the past, when Howl was still in school, Howl and the reader are quite young in this first part, so imagine yourself as a kid and the young blond wizards in Howl's moving Castle)

"Hey Howl, what are you doing today?" (y/n) asked her best friend. Howl and (y/n) have been friends since they both started schooling to become the greatest witch and wizard of the kingdom. "Just studying as usual (y/n). Hey, I am about to head to my study hideout, want to come with?" Howl asked. "Howl you know that's my favorite place in the whole world, of course I want to come with!" (y/n) cheered happily. (Y/n) and Howl spent the rest of the day out in the study, laughing and hanging out as they usually did on such days, and they both ended up falling asleep in the study.

(y/n) POV

I was sitting outside of the study, Howl was inside finishing practicing his spell, so here I am just enjoying the warm summer breeze. Suddenly I went into a trance, and everything froze, I looked around, and there, walking towards me was something that looked like a man, but with dark aura I felt around him, I knew this was no man, but a demon, sadly I found myself frozen in fear. "Hello my dear, what is a lovely little flower like you, doing out in a quiet place like this?" the stranger asked. "I-I am here with my f-friend, we are school buddies," I said with my voice slightly shaking. Instantly the "man" was in front of me, and I could finally get a good look at him. He was quite tall, with light skin, short hair as green as the grassy field we were in, eyes pure white, and fangs as sharp and daggers. He also had a darkness around him, all in all, he was quite scary and was currently running his slender fingers through my blond hair (sorry if your hair isn't blond, but the students at Howl's school were all blond so just go with me on this please). Being a witch, I could sense what he was feeling, and right now he was mad, hungry, and very powerful. "I bet you are wondering who I am and why I am here (y/n), am I right?" the man asked. I jumped when he said my name, how does this stranger know who I am? "My name is Chaos and I am here to mark you as mine," he said with an evil smile on his face. From my studies I knew that if a demon marked you, you were bound to it as a slave until the demon was challenged for the person marked and lost the challenge. I stood up and started backing away, which didn't make Chaos very happy. He pushed me up against the wall, ripped off part of my sleeve and traced his mark on my bare skin. As he traced his mark, my skin started to burn and tears started forming in my eyes, all I could do is scream in pain. "You are mine now, I shall be taking you as my slave once you reach the age of (one year older than your current age). So enjoy your last two years of freedom my dear, because you will never have it again once I come back! Oh and that little friend of yours inside, if you are still friends with him when I return, I will make him my slave as well, you are to be one hundred percent alone when I come and get you, and you can't tell anyone about this little meeting, or else!" he whispered harshly into my ear. As he finished drawing his mark, and the burning stopped, he vanished into thin air, and everything unfroze. I quickly decided that I can't stay in school anymore, I have to many friends that I care about there, especially Howl.

I entered the study and tapped Howl on the shoulder, "Howl, I am going to head back to the castle, ok?" I said. "Oh, um, ok, see you back there in a little while then," Howl replied.

I quickly made my way back to the castle and started packing up my things. I just can't risk anyone getting hurt because of me. I then sat down and wrote a letter for Howl saying:

Dear Howl,

I am afraid to say that I have to leave school, and I can't see you ever again. Please do not look for me. If things change with me I know where to find you. I would like to stay in touch with you just so we can never lose the great friendship I have with you. I hope that you can forgive me for leaving you. I am truly sorry.

Your Best Friend, (Y/N)

With that I slipped it under the door and left trying to run away from the demon, Chaos, I will not become a slave to a demon, not if I have a way to break away from that no good, dirty, rotten, demon!

Howl's POV

I just got back from the study and found a note on the floor of my room. As I read the words I felt my heart break, my best friend left me without any real reason why! I quickly ran out of the castle back to my study, and cried my eyes out. Suddenly I saw stars falling from the sky. One of them landed really close to where I was, so I went to investigate, and found that it was a demon that fell from the sky. I picked it up and it started talking to me. "Hello Howl, my name is Calcipher and I have a deal that I would like to make for you. I will get rid of that broken heart if you allow me to have it, deal?" the little demon suggested. Since I couldn't bare the pain anymore, I agreed and gave up my heart. I had no feelings after that and moved on from my best friend and first crush. Good luck with whatever you are doing (y/n), guess I will just have to replace you.