ball (chapter fourteen)

----------------------------------------

"May I be blessed to have a dance with the lady?" he asked formally. I looked down at his hand and then back up at his face, I let out a laugh.

"I'm flattered you asked, but I'm not interested in going to prom with you," I answered

"wasn't asking." He took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor.

----------------------------------------

I was glad he dragged me to the floor, even if I had to kill him tonight I did not want to dance.

his hands were on my lower back and mine were around his neck. I wanted to put as much space between each of our bodies but he was not letting me. I stopped fighting and there was no longer any space between our bodies.

"Already miss me?" I question with a smirk, I was going to play it dirty tonight.

"Well, I wouldn't say I miss you." he looked down at my lips, my smirk faltering. Alright, he really wants to play, I'll play. I dragged my hand up to his hair and pulled at the roots slightly making him groan, he cursed under his breath and his eyes met mine. his hand slid down right above my ass, he rested his hands there as I massaged his scalp.

"When are you planning on killing me tonight?" he asked quietly, my breath hitched. How did he know about that? I swallowed the lump in my throat trying not to make it obvious. a smirk pulled at his lips.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I'm here with Rodrigo because it's a ball all mafias have to attend each year." I finish, but his smirk doesn't falter. he knows.

"Don't try to hide it, darling." As we danced to the song stepped on his shoes a couple of times, and each time I did he made a snarky remark about it. We continued dancing until the song was over. I had nothing left to say to him, not after he found out about our plans to kill him.

I made my way back to Rodrigo, he was talking to one of the men that were part of the Shivs Mafia, the ones that tried to kill me the night I raced Dominic. I caught Rodtico's arm and looped mine around his, he looked down at me and smiled then continued talking to the man. They soon dismissed each other, and the man went back to his date.

"he knows." I tell Rodrigo, he looks down at me in panic but hides it quite well. "while we were dancing he just asked me when I was planning to kill him tonight, I denied but he knew."

"He knows you'll kill him, he just doesn't know when he'll have his guard up more tonight, he will anticipate our every move, this can still work, you just need to get him alone. seduce him even." I scrunch my face at that. "you know how that mafia is a bunch of pigs, seducing him should be easy just be aware."

Seducing Dom should be easy, but getting him to believe that I'm seducing him because I want more and not just trying to kill him will be hard. Dominic knows manipulation, he's trained to know when someone tries to manipulate and he's trained to manipulate.

"Alright," I finally answer. Rodrigo squeezed my arm reassuringly. I looked around the room, looking for one thing in particular. When I found it I made my way towards it. I opened the door to where there was a bar. No one was here but the staff, because everyone was in the other room enjoying the ball. This bar was off-limits since there was still staff here but when I entered they all stopped cleaning glasses or making drinks and looked my way. one of the girls that were cleaning started walking towards me, but as soon as she opened her mouth to speak I cut her off "scatter." she stopped walking, all these people at the bar were people that worked for Dominic's mafia.

"finisci i tuoi drink ed esci" I told them, they all nodded and left as soon as they had finished their drinks. there were other bars in this place I'm sure they could make drinks there.