Sally McKenna • Memories

The intoxicating blend of roses and cinnamon wafted through the air, surrounding us in the bathtub. There, in that fragrant haven, lay the one person who steadfastly believed in me—Sally.

"You know, you've always been my anchor," Sally whispered, her fingers gently tracing patterns on my wet hair.

"I never thought I'd find a home in the Hotel Cortez, but then you came along," I admitted, my head resting on her chest.

"Home is wherever you are," Sally murmured, admiration in her eyes as she took in my features. "After all these years, you've never considered leaving?"

Happy tears mingled with the water, flowing down Sally's face. "I couldn't imagine a life without you."

---

A four-year-old girl awoke in front of the imposing gates of the Hotel Cortez, disoriented and unaware. Meanwhile, Sally engaged in conversation with Liz at the bar, anticipating her drink.

The little girl, attempting to walk inside, caught Sally's attention as she clung to the carpet. Locking eyes with Sally, the child giggled.

Sally rolled her eyes playfully. "What's got you so amused, little one?"

Amused by the child's attempt to mimic her, Sally found herself enchanted. "You've got a way about you, kiddo."

Ignoring Liz's expectations of Sally seeking a new conquest, Sally surprised everyone by lifting the little girl.

Liz shook her head, "Sally, you're turning soft."

"Maybe," Sally smirked, "or maybe this kid's got something special."

---

Twelve years unfolded since Sally took (y/n) into her care. Sally, discovering the child lacked guardians, assumed the responsibility of ensuring a good life.

Sally, sitting on the edge of the bed, looked through the shared notebook with (y/n). "These sketches and poems, they tell our story, don't they?"

(y/n), assisting Liz at the bar, smiled. "Yeah, our own little world."

Sally, arriving at the bar, took a seat beside (y/n). "How was your day, my precious baby?"

(y/n), leaning against the bar, grinned. "Same old, same old. Waiting for you, Sal."

---

In the ensuing years, Sally observed (y/n) sneaking onto the roof at night, returning in the morning. Unspoken tensions arose as Sally wrestled with jealousy and fear.

Sally, standing on the rooftop, watched (y/n) looking up at the stars. "What's up with these nightly escapades, little one?"

"Sometimes, Sal, you just need a quiet moment with the universe," (y/n) replied, eyes fixed on the celestial canvas.

As (y/n) invited Sally to join, playful banter ensued. Sally, sitting beside (y/n), shared an intimate moment.

"You know I love you, right?" (y/n) said, sincerity in their eyes.

Sally, smiling, brushed her lips against (y/n)'s. "Yeah, exactly like that."

---

Their relationship endured, pure and untainted. Sally, kissing (y/n)'s forehead, gently lifted her from the bathtub, cradling her in bed, a tender conclusion to another chapter in their enduring story.

Sally whispered, "Sweet dreams, my (y/n). Our story continues, just as beautiful as ever."