(1) Welcome Back

Please read book one first:
Time of the Season [HotchxReader]

Furthermore:
⚠️NSFW WARNING⚠️
General warning for canon-typical violence.

- - - - - - - - - -

Blood. You remember a lot of blood. And darkness. And now you're cold. So cold.

There is a cacophony of noises. Shouting. Sirens. Suddenly you're flying. Are you on a helicopter? It's so loud. Then it goes quiet again. There are a lot of faces in front of you. The shouting returns. Why are they constantly grabbing your neck?

Your eyes keep falling shut, no matter how hard you try to keep them open. You groan. Your thoughts are racing but it feels like they are constantly crashing against a brick wall. Brick wall... Weren't you in a building? Something to do with work?

A sharp pain in your arm interrupts the one second of coherent thoughts you just had. You yell.

"Keep it up, Professor. You're doing good." Someone tells you.

"What?" You try to ask, but even in your confused state you hear yourself slurring the word.

"How far out?" Another voice yells.

"Two minutes, Sir. A trauma unit is waiting for us."

Two minutes until what? Your mind gets more clouded. They probably gave you a sedative or morphine or something.

By now you figured out that you're on the way to a hospital; but you have absolutely no clue why.

"Sir, you need to get go of her."

"Come on, Hotch. Let them do their work."

"Please, just please..." The voice breaks and succumbs to a sob. It fades away in the distance and you feel yourself being lifted and moved around. There is another sharp pain in your arm.

And then everything goes dark.

- - - - - - - - - -

You wake up with the worst headache of your life. Your temples feel like a horse is kicking them constantly. Inhaling deeply, you try to clear your head. When you go to raise your hand to run it over your face, you feel it being tugged on. Hesitantly, you open your eyes. The bright light of the room shoots another lighting strike-like pain through your head. You groan loudly.

As you are able to make out that the reason your hand felt like being tugged on are several vein catheters being connected to it, someone next to you reacts to your groan.

"Oh my god, can you hear me?" An excited female voice asks.

"Yeah...Can you..." Your voice is croaky. You try again: "Can you turn off the lights?"

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." The person keeps repeating as they get up. You hear the clicking of high heels on the floor, and soon after your eyes get to relax as the bright light is replaced with a dimmed one.

You let out a relived sigh: "Thanks."

The woman grabs your hand, and you try to focus your eyes on her. She's tall and blond and wears cute glasses that make you smile.

"Are you the doctor?" You ask her even though it would be weird for a doctor to wear heels at work.

Her face falls: "No- ehm- I...let me call them."

She disappears out of your peripheral. You faintly hear her talking to someone, but you just close your eyes and try to relax your body that feels incredibly sore.