Limitations

It's been nearly a month since I was followed. Lorenzo and I went two weeks ago to pick up the envelope that has Giulia and Matteos baby gender in it. The party is tonight here at our house, and she has been trying her hardest to get me to crack the secret.

She opens one of the boxes with decorations inside. "It's a boy!" She pulls out the blue streamers and balloons that need to be blown up. Laughing at her I tilt the box I'm working with, so she can see the same decorations but in pink. Her face drops with a slight annoyance across it. She should have known I wouldn't make it that easy.

We work together putting out all the decorations making sure everything is precisely the way I want. Our lives have been so busy tracking down the American mafia and coming up with a plan for my safety, Geo and I have hardly had any time together. I sent him out to get the cake and the oversized gender reveal balloon. Lorenzo works on blowing up all the smaller balloons. Leaning back to catch his breath his throws narrow eyes my way.

"We couldn't have used the helium tank? My head feels like I'm in a tornado." Blinking his eyes rapidly.

"I told you the helium tank is only for the balloons we want to float. The ones for the tables and floors don't get helium." I finish tacking up the last of the streamers, starting on the table cloths. Soon after guests start to arrive Giulia and Matteo greet everybody giving them team boy or team girl pins to wear. Paola brings out all the finger foods placing them on the table. I pull out my phone to call Gio needing to know where the most important part of the party was.

Before it even starts to ring, he walks through the door. Putting my phone back in my pocket I go to take the cake from him. "What took so long?" I place the cake on the table in the center and tie the string from the balloon onto the table leg.

"There was a small complication on the way home. We will talk about it later." I give him a questioning look. He slightly shakes his head signaling nows not the time. Lightly kissing my forehead he goes to find Giulia.

As the party gets started people stand around talking and laughing with each other all around the back yard. I pull the parents to be to the table in the center. Giulia taps her glass to get everyone's attention.

"I want to thank everyone for coming out today. We are so excited to know if this bundle of joy is going to wear tutus or ties! I'm going to bet ties because of how unstable my emotions are." There's laughter from around the room. "I also want to thank Gio and Riley for letting us have the party here and for planning everything. Let's find out what this baby is!"

Everyone gathers around watching as I untie the huge balloon and hand it to Matteo. Stepping back to watch, Gio wraps his arms around me his front pressed to my back. He rests his head on my shoulder. I place my hands over his on my stomach. Quickly a flash of his hands holding me this same way but with a much rounder belly runs through my mind. I shake it from my thoughts. It takes sex to have a baby and we haven't even attempted to step any further in that direction with our busy schedules.

Reading from the card I gave her Giulia announces to the crowd. "Boy or girl what will it be? Hidden in this Balloon for all to see. Ribbons of pink or beanies of blue, either way we will love you!" She picks up the safety pin sitting on the table turning to Matteo. "Are you ready?"

He gives a dazzling grin back to her. "More than ready."

With the count down everyone cheers. "Three! Two! One!" POP!

Pink confetti floods around them. Giulia yells "my baby girl! It's a girl!" Wrapping her arms around Matteo who rubs her belly.

"My princess" he says his loving eyes roam to Giulias face. He pulls her in for a kiss as everybody applauds them.