A Different Kind Of Love?

(You can listen to the music while reading this chapter if you want to :)

Very slight mature content up ahead.

~ Chapter 21 ~

Elise's P.O.V

I was running the halls looking like a lost child. Eliot close behind me tries to slow me down. "Where is father?" I quickly turn my head to look at him. He looked like he was in pain. He held his side as he tried to speak, "Last time I checked, he was with Miss Evangelina. They were going to have a tea party."

I change my direction towards the garden. I was furious. Not only has he slowly been isolating me, but he wants me to be completely forgotten. Not only that, but he has been keeping May hidden just so I don't have anyone to rely on. As soon as I enter the garden I start to approach the gardeners to see if they had seen them.

Strange enough, no one had seen nor heard of him for a while. I go back inside and question guards about him. Most didn't have an answer, but when I got to his office and questioned the guards outside they said he was out shopping with Evangelina. While I'm here desperately trying to keep my status as a princess, they're enjoying life as hypocrites. I headed back inside now in my room once again.

I tried to remain calm and control my temper. "Now, the last thing I would like is to look like a savage girl." I held my hand over my eyes as I tried to cover my tired expression. I was tired. Exhausted. I would do anything to just be happy. To feel loved. Slowly, droplets of tears could be seen falling from my chin. They rolled down my next, and down to my clavicle.

"Princess, please, don't cry." I hear someone plead. For a moment I thought it was Nico reminding me to stay strong. When I looked over to see who was comforting me I was hit back to reality. Nico is gone. Eliot is now your new guard, and I'm left alone to fight by myself. I have to learn to not trust, to not care, to not feel anything.

"Eliot, what would you do in my situation?" I can feel my hands tremble. "I'm afraid I don't know what you're asking, princess." His voice is kind and soft, but full of lies. I groaned. I wipe my tears away only leaving my red eyes as a reminder. "Lying doesn't suit you Eliot. You can't out lie a liar."

His innocent look turned into a shocked one. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to insult you Miss." He quickly bowed and apologized. I laughed at the act, "No it's not that. You didn't offend me. I just don't want you to pity me or feel bad for me. I have enough of those kinds of people. I just want an answer to my question."

Even though he stood as a knight, anyone could tell he didn't want to be in this kind of position. I smirked. I got closer and closer by the second, and every time he took a step back I took a step forward. We eventually went on like this until Eliot was trapped between the wall and me. "P-Princess, please wait a minute."

Maybe I was filled with anger, rage, sorrow, I'll never know. Maybe, just maybe I was trying to find love in another way. Or I simply wanted to use him to distract myself from all the worries in my life. 'Am I cruel for this? Yes. Do I care? I don't know. Will I regret it later? Probably. But for once in my life, let me forget.'

His light brown hair is between my fingers. His warm hands wrapped around my waist. An electrifying feeling was felt every time our lips met one another. Groans and moans filling the once silent room I knew. Soft strokes that could melt anyone. Both pain and pleasure were welcoming.

That night we made love.

~ The Next Morning ~

I woke up earlier than usual. It's still dark and quiet. Not even the birds are awake. I look to my side and see Eliot, asleep. I recall last night's events. I can feel chills go up my spine. 'Did I really do that?' I quickly get up and dress myself into a nightgown. I walk over to Eliot and start to call out to him.

"Eliot, wake up." It takes a couple of seconds for him to finally start moving. He slowly sits up. For a moment he doesn't do anything until his eyes widen. I could almost hear the panic in his voice, "Princess! I'm so sorry!" He starts to gather his clothes from the floor and heads for the door.

Before he can open the door I slam my hand on it. He freezes and just stands there staring at the door. "If I were you I would change before going outside." I stare at him up and down. His face barely visible turns red. I sigh and make my way to my bed. I don't look at him, I don't talk to him.

I could hear the clicking of his belt as he adjusted it around his waist. I turn to look at him and see him walking closer to me. He eventually seats himself next to me and just stays silent. Not anything surprising and neither is the awkward tension between us. "Princess."

His voice is gentle yet strict. He wants an explanation. I don't have one. "I'm sorry Eliot."