Training Grounds

~ Chapter 31 ~

Elise's P.O.V

The day finally came where I could finally set foot in the knights training grounds. I wore black black pants with red armor. The color that represented my blood line. The brown boots only added to the uniform. The maids that I had been recently assigned only glared daggers at me.

I could only smirk at them knowing that they were full of envy. I quickly ran to the door and opened it sure that I'd see Eliot on the other side of the door. "So what do you think?" I swayed my neatly done ponytail side to side as I moved around freely feeling extremely comfortable.

"Well, Miss Elise makes everything look good, so no complaints here." His gaze slowly lowered and raised as he smiled satisfied at what he saw. "Hey! My pretty face is up here." I chuckled at the stupid faces he was making. Eliot sucked at flirting. 'Right, just letting you know that that's not the only thing you have that's pretty."

I shivered as he let these dumb remarks out, and not in a good way. May wasn't here since she was assigned as house maid, so the times I could see her were rare. "Ready to go, Miss Elise?" Eliot extends his arm for me to grab it but I respectfully push it back.

"For today I want to be like the rest. No formalities, just me and everyone else, yeah?" I walked beside him instead of in front of him today. I talk, act,walk just like I want to not apply any rules to my behavior. "Fine, but only when you practice your swordsmanship, ok?" He glances at me.

We reach the training grounds, and there we see men from all different sizes swing swords from left to right. Men pushing themselves up from the floor and back down again. Some are trying to catch their breaths from all the work they did. With my fingers I cover my eyes trying not to look at their very beautiful bodies. Though I do take sinful glances at times.

Everyone stops what they're doing and takes a moment to look at the unexpected guest. I stop in front of them and say, " Hello everyone, starting today I will be training with you, so I hope that we all get along." I fidget with my fingers and try to keep my gaze soft and straight.

I try not to lower my head. I just got into society. I don't need to look weak right now. Everyone stays silent, no one talks, no one moves. I can almost feel a drop of sweat rolling down my neck.

Suddenly a talk man clears his throat trying to get rid of the awkward tension. "Well how rude of us all, right men? Apologize my lady, my men are just shocked such a lovely lady is here to train with us. Let me introduce myself, I'm Jacob White. At your service my lady." He bows.