Chapter 2

TW: Mentions of the hanging moment. Blood, injuries.
I'm sleepy so if I forgot any TW's I'm so sorry
Also it's obvious this is my favourite book to progress on stfu-

~

Ranboo tensed up, gritting his teeth as he tried to calm his nerves and think.

People are outside fight those.. things, or people. I'm stuck in the middle of it, there was another escape right? Oh god. I barely have anything!

Muffled screams continued, a terrifying screech erupting and prolonging for a few seconds through the gunshots.

Please god save me.

Ranboo quickly got up, snatching his bag and things scattered around the room before exiting.

He felt colder and fear struck him as he found nothing to protect himself.

Okay, that's fine. Totally fine alright.

"What if they need help?" He whispered to himself, quickly shaking away that thought as he ran a hand through his roots. Although he quickly stopped that once he felt how greasy and dirty his hair was. Its been so long since he had a bath.

"I'd want help too if I was in trouble-"

Ranboo quietly made his way to the front, ducking behind a counter when he saw outside. There was so many corpses walking about, it was crowded.

Panic surged through him at the thought of getting stuck in it.

"Relax, relax-I'm okay, maybe." He mumbled, failing at reassuring himself. "Will I die? Maybe, am I gonna die anyway? Yes. So I should just take my chances."

A depressing thing to say but it was true.

Ranboo pulled his mask up to his mouth and slipped outside quietly.

The dead were distracted by the gunshots and screaming, he could slip away and escape without injury if he was careful.

I'd want help too.

Ranboo paused. He would want help, but he didn't know if he was equipped enough.

The groans got louder as the stench of whatever the corpses carried on them filled Ranboo's senses. Though, he could hear the gunshots die down. A few still shooting, would it be worth it still?

Fuck it.

Ranboo made his way through the crowd, sticking to the sidelines as he walked to where the gunshots last fired.

It filled his heart with dread.

Would they still be alive? Is he risking his life for nothing?

I'm already doing it I have to stop doubting everything.

The walk was painful, he had to be slow and match the pace or else he'd stand out. Occasionally he had to stop and hide because one nearly caught onto him.

It felt like it went on awhile but really it only took him three minutes at most.

At this point there was nothing, the dead were still coming but that was it.

Ranboo nearly started looking for an escape route.

It had to be pointless, he was just hearing the dead and there was no more indication someone was alive. And if they were they could be getting mauled to death or were dead weight.

Ranboo grimaced at his own thoughts.

Still, the chances of someone being alive and willing to escape seemed slim.