Chapter 6

3rd Person Point of View

"Is this the place?" Silvanna asked as she looked around the Barren Lands.

The air smelled nothing but death. No leaves to be found on any trees. The rivers and lakes were dark as black. Crows flying around, insects on the ground and who know what swims in the water. This is the Barren Lands indeed.

A week ago, Silvanna had received news that Castle Gorge was attacked again. She was also informed that Granger, along with the family's army, were successful in defendeding the Castle and the Royal Family.

So now Silvanna, the Lightborns and surprisingly Kimmy were investigating the Barren Lands. But first they needed to find two certain people here.

"Yeah this is Lantis Mountains all right." Alucard said as he followed Silvanna.

"Ohhhh!! I can't wait to collect information about this place. I swear the Library tell nothing." Kimmy said, emphasizing the word nothing.

"Remind me again why you're here." Alucard said as he raised a brow.

"I had nothing to do, so I wanted to join you all. Plus, Silvanna said it wouldn't hurt having another companion." Kimmy explained.

Alucard only sighed and just let the marksman be. It wasn't wise to have an argument with her.

"Ughh! I hate it here! Everything feels like death here." Harith complained as they walked down a small path.

"Yeah well it gets worst as we go near the crack of the Abyss." Fanny said beside the Leonin. Fanny was annoyed as much as Harith. She couldn't use her cables since all of the trees looked like they were about to fall down.

They were stuck with walking. Bringing horses wouldn't be wise as they could attract nearby demons. Kimmy of course created a potion so that they could hide their scent.

"How are we going to find those two here anyways?" Kimmy asked everyone.

"If we're lucky, they should be in a near by village." Tigreal answered. He was at the back of the line, it was to be sure that no demon would dare to attack them from behind.

The group continued hiking to the other side of the mountain. They would occasionally stumble upon bones of animals. Well they believed that they were animals, but Kimmy's disgusted look gave off another answer. None them opened up the topic as it was far too uncomfortable.

After hiking for an hour, the group finally saw a small village not too far from them. It was just below the mountain they were on.

"I see a village!" Harith said with excitement. He was happy that they could finally rest.

"Yeah well unfortunately we took a wrong turn." Fanny was annoyed that Alucard got them lost and made a wrong turn.

For now everyone just felt relieved that the village they were finding weren't destroyed or attack yet by demons. But they were having their own problems. They wanted to hurry down but they needed to be careful as it was very steep. They were about 20 meters high.

"Everyone! Be careful! Falling down won't kill you but it will painful!" Tigreal announced to everyone.

"Y-YEAH! WELL NOT EVERY HAS AN ARMOUR TO CUSHION THEIR FALL!" Alucard yelled as he looked below them.

"Well we wouldn't be this high if you remembered which direction to take!" Kimmy said back at Alucard who was holding  a tree to support himself.

"Everyone calm down! We're not that high. We just need to carefully go down. Use something to support yourselves!" This time it was Silvanna who spoke up.