the mountain side

POV Blaise:

"Man it's good to be back at it again

"Man it's good to be back at it again." Blaise winks at his best friend. Soren laughs and shakes his head. In school they were always rascals causing trouble for teachers and students... especially girls.

They have transformed since those days of youth. He catches a glance of them through a mirror, dressed in tight tuxedos, hair as tidy as any man could imagine. Their hair never used to be tidy.

"Ready to cause a little trouble?" Soren winks.

"With you? Always." They fist bump and part ways to opposite ends of the room. This. This is his environment. Blaise floats through the crowd effortlessly. At any minute Hannele and Draco will come out of the doors and they'll make the announcement that will change things for almost every wizard.

His eyes stay glued to Astoria even as he grabs a flute of champagne. She'll give the signal and he... well he gets to have a little fun.

POV Astoria

Astoria watches the door, heart rate rising with every moment they don't walk out

Astoria watches the door, heart rate rising with every moment they don't walk out. She has fought so hard for this moment, when the order is reset.

She knows she can be a bit of a pill, a bit intense. She cares too much. But there's never been any other choice. Family made her for this very reason. If there is anyone who cares about the royal rule more than the Malfoys it's the Greengrasses. She see the faint glow of a green light flicker under the door.

That's it.

She looks up quickly locking eyes with Soren and then Blaise.

"Hey!" Soren yells jumping on a table.

"Welcome everyone, to the Malfoy Administration!" Blaise sings from another table.

Astoria opens the double door and locks eyes with Hannele shaking. Tears crawl down her face but she quickly wipes them away and holds open the other door so they create a clear path for him to walk through.

Draco holds his head high and enters the room of gawking people. Behind him a dead Ledger floats into the crowd.

Screams echo through the hall and mix with the shouts of "Malfoy!" that they yell. She looks back to Hannele who can barely get it out as a whisper. Something is wrong. Why is she being so hysterical? Astoria has never understood her depth of emotion that fills her like a river and flows out whenever things are intense.