Flower names

My name is Lily. Just Lily. Not Lil. Not Lilith. Just Lily. And all my life I've been such a straight arrow, such a little do-gooder that naming me with this plain name parents perhaps believed in saying "A ship will sail the way you name it". They weren't wrong though so you can't really blame them. But now holding this piece of paper I believe it's time to wreck this ship and build a new one. Starting with a new name. Hmmm... How about Atlanta? Nah. Rose? No, I'm not about to change one flower name for another. Yaaack. Sorry, nothing personal to those with flower names but for me it's really personal, and in order for this to work I need a bad-ass name. Okay, how about... Dixie? I kinda like it. It's not too extreme for people to think that it's a fake name looking at my flannel shirt but still better than Lily. Omg, you probably think that I'm some kind of a Lily-hater and I don't like myself. You're not wrong. But you're not necessarily right either. I like myself, maybe not completely and utterly but I do. I just believe that taking upon a task of naming someone or something is a really ruthless thing. Really ruthless. I had no choice. So here I am standing in front of a music record store and am about to ask the girl, whom I had a crush on for pretty much 4 years of my life. And I am about to ask her to skip town and come with me to... Oh shit... I don't really know where I'm going. Well, it doesn't really matter now, does it? If she won't come then there is no point so we'll figure it out later. So I squeeze the gum wrapper on the back side of which I finally found the the right words and courage to take actions.  For the first time in my life I am about to do something. So I take a deep breath and turn a doorknob.