Part Three - Student and Teacher - Four Years Later

I worked nights at a bar in Boston down the street from Harvard university. I had attained my goal of going to one of the most prestigious schools in the world. I was completely broke and working my ass off to have enough money to eat and make sure I was able to keep up the the relentless amount of school work.

It was Friday night in the middle of April. My Sophomore year of college was almost over and it had flown by so fast. I guess working long hours and having endless amounts of homework would do that.

I was working at the bar tonight, on a rooftop of a prestigious club. Only the elite came here or well people who either had money or knew people who had money.

Management made the women here dress in short black sequence dresses whether you were waitressing or bartending. I hate the dress it was tight, itchy, and my chest could barely move when I tried to breath. But I had gotten used to the dress over the last couple years.

"Can I have a Tito's soda with lime, a sex on the beach, and a glass of your most expensive whiskey?" A man in a suite asked.

He was tall, slender, and had blond hair with blue eyes. He was attractive but I never liked guys with blond hair. Only ever guys with dark brown hair and eyes.

An image of my sophomore high school teacher flashed in my head and I shook it away. I have never felt an attraction like I had with Mr. Sawyer. I just felt numb when it came to other guys. I guess I was destined to be alone. I'm sure Mr. Sawyer had married by now.

"Sure coming right up." Being out of high school and being on my own has helped me break out of my shell and defeat the crippling social anxiety I had felt back in high school. I still was quiet when I went out with a group of people and didn't speak much.

My friend Alysha always talked enough for the both of us. I was able to fade away in the back ground and enjoy my drink in peace without having to talk too much.

I finished making the customers's drinks and smiled, "That will be two hundred and fifty dollars please."

"Sure, please put that on Mr. Jacob's tab, sweetheart." His eyes drifted over my body landing on my chest. He looked up at me and winked, then walked away.

The patrons were all creeps for the most part but the one rule here was that there was no fraternization between either the employees or the customers. Any one who broke that would be tossed out of here right on their ass. That rule helped me stay working at this place it prevented men like Mr. Blondhead from hitting on me. Though, I always got looks like he gave me from other customers all the time.

It was a quiet night for Friday. The bar was still packed but I actually had time to breath between customer orders and keep up with the cleaning.

Aaron, another bartender, was working with me tonight and he had run out back, to grab more bottles of Whiskey.

It was a beautiful night out. The sky was lit up by the city lights. A light wind blew across the rooftop bar, occasionally moving my hair. The temperature was mild, not too hot or cold. I was still running back and forth but I wasn't overheated.

I looked out around the bar and everyone was dressed up. Men were in suits women in short skin tight dresses of all shapes and colors. There were booths and tables full of the elite people who were all talking at their seats or standing up looking over the balcony to the street below. Most of them were regulars. Like Mr. Jacobs. But he always had new people around him with the exception Mr. Blondhead guy. I never learned his name and nor did I want to.