5

"Hyunjin, you know you can talk to me. Right?"

The boy looks up at Chan who sat opposite of him at the table. Both having an awkward silence between them as they ate dinner.

"Yeah right. You're just my babysitter." Hyunjin pokes his food around with his chopsticks.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday. I was upset because you were acting like a child. I know I am your babysitter but you're also what, 17?" Chan trails off.

"I'll be 19 in a month." Hyunjin mumbles.

Chan choke on his food as he heard him say that. Not expecting him to be that old.

"I'm not hungry." Hyunjin pushes his bowl away and stands from the table to walk up the stairs.

Chan sighs as he stands from his chair and makes his way up the stairs towards Hyunjin's room. He leans his ear against the door, hearing sniffling from the other side.

"Hey, I know you're crying. Please talk to me." Chan says.

"Go away." Hyunjin shouts back.

"Please, Hyunjin-" "I said go away!" He then heard a thud against the door as if he threw something at it.

Chan sighs again and makes his way back down the stairs. Entering the kitchen to clean up dinner.

He didn't know what to do with Hyunjin. He was an angsty teen who didn't know how to express himself other then being bratty.

Now that Chan thinks about it, he hasn't seen any family photos around like most families. He knew that Miss. Hwang was a widow but wouldn't someone want to remember someone who past? That made Chan think that possibly that maybe he wasn't exactly father material. Hyunjin probably had cliche daddy issues and that's why he acted the way he did. His mother always being gone didn't help either.

Chan was startled by the said boy making his way down the stairs. In a short skirt and revealing crop top.

"Where are you going?" Chan asked as he made his way out of the kitchen quickly.

"To hang out with some friends. Calm your tits." Hyunjin scoffs as he grabs his keys and makes his way for the door.

"It's too late for you to be going out." Chan rushes over to the door and stops him.

"You aren't my boss so fuck off. I can do what I want." Hyunjin crosses his arms.

"That's it." Chan growls as he grabs Hyunjin's arm and pulled him over to the couch.

"What are you doing-ah!" Hyunjin was yank down across Chan's lap.

"Remember last time you said I wasn't your boss?" Chan smooth his hand down across Hyunjin's skirt so it wouldn't fly up.

"Get off me! Get off!" Hyunjin shouts as he was already shaking. Tears falling down his face.

Chan's eyes widen as he seen him crying before he did anything before remembering what had happened to him.

"Shit. I'm so sorry." Chan quickly lifts him up. The boy scrambling to get away from him as he crowds away against the arm of the couch.

"Please just leave me alone!" Hyunjin sobs as he hides his face with his arms.

"I'm truly sorry. I forgot." Chan whispered as he tried to reach his hand out but Hyunjin flinched away.

"Hyunjin-" Chan was cut off by Hyunjin rushing into his lap. Wrapping his arms around his neck and hiding his face there.

"Just hold me." Hyunjin whispered.

Chan keep his hands by his side in confusion. One moment Hyunjin was scared to be touched, the next he was wanting to be held.

"Don't be afraid." Hyunjin moved his hands to hold his waist. Chan sighs as he let his hands get more comfortable around his waist so he could pick him up. Hyunjin squeaks as he was suddenly in the air.

Chan carries him up the stairs and towards his room. He enters his room and lays him down on his bed.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I really am. Why don't you invite your friends over tomorrow to hang out?" Chan suggested as he picks up a stuff animal and hands it to him.

"I'm sorry too." Hyunjin mumbles as he hugs the stuff animal to his chest.

"For what? You haven't done anything." Chan says.

"For everything. I'm sorry for everything. I can't even be touched without freaking out now because I was too much of a brat and did  stupid stuff. Stupid, stupid, stupid." Hyunjin mumbles as he cries into the stuff animal.

"Hyunjin, you aren't stupid. Please don't ever think like that again." Chan pulls the stuff animal way to look him in the face. Wiping the tears from his face.

Hyunjin stare up at him with teary eyes and sniffles. He wore a pout on his smudge lipstick cover lips. Chan caressing his cheek and rubs his cheekbone with his thumb.

"You look tired. Sleep, baby." Chan let the name slip from his lips. Not missing the way Hyunjin lit up at the name. Smiling as he nods.

Chan kisses his forehead before leaving the room and shuts the door behind him.

————

Chan was getting his normal coffee the next morning as Hyunjin came into the kitchen.

"Good morning." Chan smiles at him as Hyunjin pulls out some cereal.

"Good morning. Is it okay if my friends come over today?" Hyunjin asked as he grabs a bowl.

"A course. Just tell me when so I know to look decent." Chan chuckles as he refers to him being shirtless.

Hyunjin looks at him with a sly smirk as he says, "I don't think they would mind."

"Mhm. I bet they wouldn't." Chan sips his coffee.

Hyunjin was happy to see this side of Chan. That he was no longer angry at him. He could have a normal conversation.

"If you need me, I'll be in the shower. Clean up when you're done, baby." Chan sits his mug down in the sink before heading out the kitchen.

Hyunjin waiting till he was out of sight before letting out a squeal. Jumping up and down in excitement. He thought last night was a dream. 

He forgets about his cereal as he runs up to his room to grab his phone and pull up his group chat.

BAD BITCHES

JINNIE
SHUT UP! HE CALLED ME BABY  !!!

LIXIE
WHO? CHAN?

JINNIE
YES! LAST NIGHT WE TALKED AND EVERYTHING IS GOING SO GREAT!

INNIE
LUCKY BITCH

JINNIE
YOU GUYS GOT TO COME OVER! IM FALLING APART AT THE SEEMS!

BINNIE
sorry for being late. i was doing things.

MINNIE
was 'things' Lix?

LIXIE
No comment

INNIE
BUT YES, WE'LL BE OVER IN AN A HOUR

JINNIE
BRING CANDY OR I WONT LET YOU IN

MINNIE
we have a key-

JINNIE
oh yeah-

————