Chapter 1

Ethereal; extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.

A beautiful word isn't it. Ethereal. I believe that's why my mother named me it. She knew I would be to delicate for this evil world we live in. Where war never stops and blood is in a every place you step or look. Two kingdoms fighting for years after years for a reason that no one can remember or just doesn't know. There is the kingdom of light which is where I am from. We are known as kirans. We hope for peace and are always optimistic and playful or at least we used to be. Then the kingdom of darkness where no light ever reaches. Where your nightmares and worst fears live. The people are know as mirks.

When I was born I was forced to learn how bad the mirks the people of the dark are. The same rules everyday till they were engraved into my head.
1.Never associate with mirks in relationships
2. Never step foot in the dark kingdom
3. Mirks are the evil ones while we are good

My father is the king of the Kirans. He is a great warrior and everyone worships him. How he saved us by obeying the clouds and sky gods to gives us home away from mirks. Then he was know as king Lucian of the kirans. My mother was the queen before she died. She was the brightest light in the sky which is how my father found her as he always told me. She became queen inina of the kirans. Then they had me. When I had hit the age of 7 our kingdom was stormed by mirks. I was hidden in the cellar with the servants. When it was over I went to find my mother and father. I found them in the throne room my father cradling my dead mothers body. A mirks had stabbed her and killed her. The light of the kingdom was different without her. It was like as the mirks took away the sun on a cloudy day and hidden it away. She was gone. That's when I decided I was going to avenge her death. I'm 17 now almost old enough to take over the throne. Except I don't want to be queen. I am not my mother. And I will never be.