s t a y

Author's POV

It was eating her up.

She couldn't handle it

She fought herself as she made her final decision.

She knew that their relationship was toxic. One was trying while the other wasn't. The seesaw dropped. Their balance aren't equal anymore.

I have to break up with him. I have to. I don't like how he treats me. I hate how he treats me as if I'm invisible.

 Thunder roared dully outside as she sat on their couch. She was waiting for him. She needed to confront him. She can't be silent anymore. She had to speak out.

The door opened as Jimin stumbled in. He was drenched with the heavy rain showering outside. Rosé sighed and threw a towel to Jimin. Her arms was crossed as she stared at Jimin. Jimin caught her eyes as he stared back to.

It's now or never.

"Jimin, we need to talk."

He sat opposite her as he stared into her eyes. He could see the tiredness in them.

"Jimin," She breathily exhaled, "I can't.. do this anymore..." Her voice trembled as she made out those words.

"W-what?" Almost inaudible, he whispered. His heart broke at the weakness in her voice.

"Jimin, we aren't working," She muttered. "I feel so... ignored. I feel so unloved with you."

Immediately, Jimin reached out for her hands. The smell of another female hit Rosé's nose when he neared.

"W-what are you talking about?"

A bitter smile as she pulled her hand back. "I'm tired, Jimin. I'm tired of you having one night stands everyday. I'm tired of you not being there for me. Jimin, I don't feel alive when I'm with you anymore."

"W-we can still make it work—"

"No, we can't." Her voice trembled again. "So, I'm here to propose a break up. I can't do it."

"No, Chaeng-ah, please, we can work it out." Tears began flowing down his cheeks hysterically as he held her hand. "Chaeng-ah, please don't leave me. Please, stay."

Now, it was Rosé's turn to let her tears flow freely.

"And? And feel neglected by you again?! Jimin, please..."

"Chaeng-ah—"

"Stop calling me that."

"Please, I will treat you better. Just don't leave me please." Jimin pleaded as he clutched on her hand tightly.

"What reasons do you have for me to stay?"

Jimin bit his lower lip as he cried, "There are many but please stay with me!"

An exasperated sigh left her lips as Rosé slumped back.

"Then, I need explanations." She looked into his eyes as she let out the questions she's been questioning all along. "Why do you have flings? Am I not enough? If not, just let me go... I can't... You can't just do.. that to me. I have a life, Jimin."

Jimin's eyes landed on his lap. "I.. don't.. know.. I feel so stressed these months... I just feel like I need breaks.. So I do them.."

Rosé stared at the guy before her, crying his eyes out in front of her. She sighed. She didn't like it but she loved him. She was his pill while he was hers and without them, neither could live although they were killing each other mentally.