Chapter 6

3rd. Pov

Okitan and Hart were approaching the town without any problems. After a few while the town finally came into view.

People were walking about, doing some form of work

People were walking about, doing some form of work. From the children to the elderly. They were either dragging carts with weapons, carrying tools and materials, or carrying baskets of food.

Hart: Sorry about all of the activity. With what we've had to deal with for the past few years we've never had the chance to settle down.

Okitan: What's been going on?

Hart: Let's just say we've been having some problems with our neighbors. Things are pretty rough around here, but we're doing our best. Come on, the boss should be right over here. As the two of them walk over to what appears to be a barn, Okitan noticed a lot of men and women with weapons walking in and out of it. Hart opens the front door and lets Okitan in. From the outside it looked like an ordinary barn, but on the inside, it was like a military base. There were maps hung on the wall a table with points of conflict and resources. Okitan continues to follow Hart to the supposed war table where a man in black armor with blonde hair is leaning over it.

 Okitan continues to follow Hart to the supposed war table where a man in black armor with blonde hair is leaning over it

???: Considering the recent attacks that have been made we need to set up the wall. Anyone who comes back from their patrol is to start setting up the defenses around the town.

Soldiers: Yes sir!

???: Carver, take a squad of archers with you and check the forest. It's been too quiet there.

Carver: You got it boss.

A hooded man and a few other people with bows and arrows left the barn.

Hart: Hey boss!

The man turned towards Hart and slightly smiled until he saw Okitan and frowned.

???: *sigh* Hart, I said no outsiders! With what's been going on we can't shelter anymore people!

Hart: I know that but hear me out. Meet Okitan, a foreigner from outside the country. Okitan, meet Avan, my boss.

Okitan: It is a pleasure to meet you.