Chapter 1

The small tongue of the flame burned into the matchstick, devouring it, leaving what was once the thin, simple wood, into a charred black nightmare. I dropped the matchbox to the floor and lit the thirteen candles. The candle light flickered in the dark, eerie room. Silvery light from the moon peeped through the old stained glass windows turning the light into a horrific, dark red blood. The light fell upon the board perfectly and it illuminated the writing. I shifted my eyes towards Christina. I watched as her eyes scanned the room suspiciously. I could tell she was frightened. Her peircing quivered as the whole of her bottom lip trembled with fear. 

Christina finally protested, “I cant believe your actually doing this Jack, we shouldn’t be messing with forces that we have no idea about !” 

“Shut it will you?" I snapped. "Do you want to attract these forces” I added sarcastingly. “Thirteens an unlucky number you know? Please don't do this!” she said pleadingly. David looked at my with a worried expression on his pale face. I rolled my eyes at them. Chickens. They were simply both chickens.

 It was night. My two friends Christine and David watched in awe. We were playing truth or dare. They dared me to try play with "the forces." I guess youre wondering what the freak the forces are. They're those supernatural things you can't see or touch. David and Christina thought i wouldn’t have the guts to do it. I suppose they don’t know me at all. Let me tell you a bit about myself. My names Jack. I’m a bit of a daredevil and one heck of a supernatural freak. I believe in anything got to do with myth. There just HAS to be SOMETHING out there with us, lurking in the shadows waiting for the right moment to attack our planet and turn us all into zombies. I suppose thats going overboard, but thats me! I moved here in Amstertown a few months ago. I quickly made friends with David and Christina. I think its cause we’re all pretty weird so we just kinda... fit in!