A Knight's Rest

∆ Information : Characters are Lumine and Kaeya. May contain spoiler for Liyue Arch. Art banner from Genshin Impact official Manga. 

------

The night was quiet, only the moon and the aster's are present when two hand intertwined with each other. As if holding like there's no tomorrow. 

"I wish we have more time to enjoy the night, Lumine." 

------ 

Ever since the Grand Master has embark on it's journey to the unknown. The remaining men in Knight of Favonius has been working tirelessly to fullfil everyone's need. The work, in the road or in the office, is enough to make a mortal quell for the sweet release of death. But Jean is different, she's the Acting Grand Master now and she have to fulfill the empty role that Grand Master Varka left. 

With the amount of things and need to be done, Jean is often seen in the office with mugs of coffee. And that left the more messy, combat work to the Cavalry Captain. 

Every night you would see him hanging around in Angel Share to gather Intel. Giving where credits are due, his way with words are remarkable. Even the drunkards could give crystal clear information if the Cavalry Captain is present. And with enough Intel he'll work his way through it. 

With no horse to actually ride on, he often have to walk from one place to another. From Starsnatch Cliff to herd off treasure hoarders, to Dragonspine to check on the camp and seeing how everyone is doing. He's still mortal, camping and taking short naps in-between his little journey. This made him never missing leg day. 

This night is no different, he had just arrived at the gates of Mondstadt after a day of labour. From helping Godwin with his little love letter, kicking some treasure hoarders ass back to where they belong, and getting sunsettia for himself. They're sweet, he thought, it would be a waste to let them rot in the wild. 

His shoulders are stiff and his throat is awfully dry. A little drink at the tavern could do the trick. 

Greeting the knights working the night shifts, he made his way to the tavern. Pushing the door open as he usually would. 

This night was supposed to be no different than the other, yet there she is talking to the infamous Master Diluc. The light from the lamp seems to bounce off those light blonde hair and he can't seem to shake the feeling in his chest. The Cavalry Captain can sense that the Honorary Knight have grown stronger, tougher. Scars very apparent on her arms. 

"The Fatuis is making a mess in Liyue .. I am not surprised"

"It was a mess honestly, but here i am safe and sound !" 

The Fatuis in Liyue? Ah yes, the navy blue hair recalled a certain talk that Liyue has undergone very drastic changes. How the Lord of Geo had passed to Celestia and a giant water god sealed in the ocean was awaken. Not surprising that this is the work of the Fatuis. He make a mental note to search for more Intel on this topic. 

"Kaeya ! Long time no see"

There she is, the shinning light in the dark abyss. Lumine.