Aspectual

The twins sat on the couch, keeping their hands locked together while alternating between meeting their father's bewildered gaze and the various inanimate objects around the room. Since the initial admission, the only additional words that been spoken by their father was an uncomfortably quiet command to sit on the sectional. Their mom, appearing to be out of tears at hearing the truth, stood by her husband, looking at her children like they were strangers.

"What..." their dad began while pacing back and forth, running his hand through his hair in an almost psychosomatic response to the stress, "...is this? Why is this happening — in this photo?" He said, jabbing at the image with his finger.

Both teens remained silent, Mabel's gentle sobbing providing the sombre soundtrack, a condition Allen Pines chose to disregard.

"Tell me what the hell is going on!!" their dad boomed in a fury. His soundwaves rattled the windows and crashed into the floor beneath their feet.

"What do you want us to say, Dad?!" Dipper shouted, his own ire taking control and rising to the occasion.

"I want you to tell me what is going on between you two! What are you doing behind our backs? How long has this 'thing'," their dad spat, unmistakably revolted at the mere concept, "been going on? Why did a family friend who watched your little show have to send me a picture and caption it, 'Is that Dipper and Mabel?' WHY AM I BEING ASKED THAT?!?"

"BECAUSE WE'RE IN LOVE!!!" Dipper stood and screamed, standing inches away from his father.

Without blinking, their dad seemed to relax and stepped back, before breaking into a deeply concerning chuckle. Their mom simply stood to the side, clutching a paper towel to dab away the tears that had reappeared on her cheeks.

"You're 'in love', huh? What does that mean in your head? Are you INSANE?!" their dad responded, again on the edge of maniacal laughter.

"He means exactly that. We're in love with each other, Dad. We have felt this way for years now, but only started a relationship last fall," Mabel said to Dipper's surprise. He hadn't noticed her rise from the couch, but she now stood at his side, straight and tall, hand in hand.

"What do you mean a 'relationship'?! Have you been going on dates!? Have you been...?" Their father stopped short of finishing the last clause, knowing he couldn't bring himself to say anything along that line of questioning without getting ill.

"Have we been 'what'? Physical? Yes, we have," Dipper replied, hoping the admission stung their father. Their mother, at her breaking point, ran out of the room, up the stairs, and into the master bedroom, the door slamming with a resounding thud.

"This...is madness. Do you know how dangerous that is?! This ends now," their dad commanded, his tone simmering barely beneath a full-on roar. "I don't give shit what you think you feel for each other. This is wrong and it is over."

"It's not over by a long shot," Dipper pushed back verbally. "You talk about 'dangerous'? What Mabel and I have is most amazing connection that anyone could ever imagine. Of course, you can't understand it."

"I don't need to understand it! What you are failing to understand is that you're committing a crime and that's not even taking into account the absolute immoral nature of it! That's your sister!" their dad bellowed while a vein appeared in his temple they had never noticed prior.

"And he's my brother, dad! We know! We're not stupid!" Mabel cried, yet refusing to stay silent.

"You are being stupid!" was the anguished response.

"Don't talk to her like that!" Dipper countered his tone sharp and unforgiving, taking a step forward to protect Mabel from the wrath of their patriarch.