The Tablet

(Disclaimer I do not own yu-gi-oh. Yu-gi-oh belongs to its respective owner. Also I don't own the song The Call. All I own is my Oc.)

Scarlett's P.OV:
I sat quietly in my room as the clock just turned 9:15. The lyrics of a song called "The Call" slowly filter through the room.
"It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word
And then that word grew louder and louder
'Til it was a battle cry
I'll come back when you call me
No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never been this way before
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
As you head off to the war
Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light
You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye
You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget
Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'Til they're before your eyes
You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye
You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye."

It is summer vacation so that meant no school for me. As I listened to the song the lyrics started to remind me of Atem. Though that's not surprising, he's been on my mind a lot lately. I guess it's because it's almost been a year since he passed on into the afterlife. I can still remember the time when I first met him as if it was just yesterday.
I was at Yugi's houses because I needed to talk to him. I quickly rushed up the stairs after Grandpa Muto let me in. And walked down the hallway to his room. I could hear Yugi talking to someone but I couldn't tell who the other person was. So I just knocked on the door because I didn't want to ease drop. The room became quiet and Yugi answered the door. "Oh hey Scarlett. I wasn't expecting you. "
"I'm sorry Yugi but I..." I didn't finish my sentence because I noticed guy sitting on Yugi's bed that looked almost like him. I just stood there starring wide eyed at the person who looked almost exactly like Yugi until his voice brought me back to reality. "Hey, Scarlett are you alright."
" Yeah, hey Yugi who is that on your bed?"
" Wait, you can see me" said the man. He couldn't be older than 18 from the look of him. "Yes and once again who are you?" I asked the question again. "Well Scarlett that's kinda complicated." Answered Yugi. "Well could you uncomplicate it for me Yugi."
"Well do you remember me talking about a spirt that was sealed in the millennium puzzle?" "Yes." " Well Scarlett meet Yami the spirt of the puzzle."
"Oh so that's why you asked if I could see you. Well Yami it's nice to officially meet you." I said as I smiled at him. "It's nice to meet you as well Scarlett." "Wait you aren't surprised your able to see a spirt." Yugi asked. "Well the thing is..." I scratched the back of my head and a small blush appeared on my face. "I've known for a while that I can talk to and see duel monster spirts. So I guess this isn't that much different." I said sheepishly. The past Yugi was about to say something when I was pulled back to the present and reality by my ringing phone. I picked my phone up off the night stand to look at the caller ID. Well think of the devil it was Yugi. "Hey Yugi what's up?"
"Scarlett I just got a call from Ishizu." "Ishizu? Did somethings bad happen? Does it have something to do with Atem? Wait, did something happen to Atem tomb or something like that?"
"No. Nothing happened to Atem's tomb."   "Thank goodness."
"But she said she found a tablet that has something to do with Atem and she want us to come meet her at Domino museum."
"Ok I'll  meet you there in five minutes Yugi."    "Ok hurry Scarlett."
"Will do see you soon." With that I hung up the phone and got dressed. After I dressed in a white tank top and short jeans I grabbed my shoulder bag that was still half packed from my last duel monsters tournament. It had my duel disk in it, a hard copy of The Hunger Games and a few other things in it. My deck was strapped to my belt. Then I shoved my iPod and iPhone into my pack and ran out the door. I was at the front of the museum in two minutes, panting. I heard footstep so I turned around to Yugi and the gang walking over here. "You didn't have to run over here Scar ya'know," said Joey. "Oh shush it Mutt. Come Ishizu is waiting for us." I said running up the stairs. "Hey Scarlett wait up for us," I heard someone called from behind along with Joey yelling at me for calling him a mutt. I was first through the door of the museum and immediately saw the Ishtar family. While my friends where taking there sweet time climbing the stairs I walked over to greet them. "Ishizu, Marik, Odion, it's good to see you all again." "It's nice to see you as well Scarlett, Yugi, everyone" said Ishizu. By that time everyone else had joined me. Odion and Marik nodded their heads in agreement. "Now if you'd all please follow us, we will tell you why we requested to see you all so suddenly." We all followed behind Ishizu, Odion, and Marik. They lead us down long hall ways until we got to a private room. I walked into the room then froze when I saw what must be the tablet. I couldn't rip my eyes off it.

(Author's note: I did redo this chapter. Hope you like it.)