CHAPTER 56

Nicki landed a few hours ago but hasn’t updated me yet. I guess she doesn’t have something tangible. On the other news, T-bone seems to be recovering. We went to see him this morning. He was looking fine. But he is still unconscious so we are holding our breaths. I really don’t think I will survive losing him. I lost Khwezi and my heart still bleeds every time I think of her.

I am at work currently so that I can occupy my mind with something else other than thinking about T-bone. Well festive season is nearly here. I notice that a certain company, Blue Diamond Music to be precise, have booked the whole of Alloy for an awarding ceremony. They have so many demands but they are paying a lot of money, so we will have to make sure everything is according to their instructions. I take my iPad and head to Lwandeka’s office. I find her typing something on her laptop.
Me: “twin. How are things?” she looks up at me and smiles.
Lwah: “did you view the Blue Diamonds email?”
Me: “yeah. I was just checking it. They are paying a lot of money for things to be up to their standard.”

Lwah: “as they should because the club will have to be closed a day prior the event and a day after the event. So it’s more like a three day booking.” I sit down opposite her.
Me: “what are you busy with there?”

Lwah: “three celebrities wanna host their birthday celebrations here in November. I am checking if everything is up to date and if also they have paid.”
Me: “how did the meeting with the farmer go yesterday?” she smiles and takes off her reading glasses.

Lwah: “it went well. In a year or so, I will be able to buy a farm all by myself without the help of my husband.”
Me: “wow. I am proud of you. You should also utilize some of the acres in my backyard. I mean I have very huge vacant land. You might as well use it.”
Lwah: “thank you. Even though I was going to use it without your concern.” I laugh. “Hee you won’t believe what I saw yesterday at bhut Sizwe’s hotel.”

Me: “do tell.”
Lwah: “remember that white guy from my graduation party? The one mom was talking to?”
Me: “yeah. I thought he was one of the farmers or something.”

Lwah: “turns out he is mom’s boyfriend and they are very much serious. I caught them kissing and I thought maybe she might deny it or say something else. Instead she wants us to have dinner with him so that we can get to know the dude better before she can introduce him to the younger siblings.”

Me: “wow. So Ma’Khanyi is following Londy’s footsteps?” she laughs and I also laugh. “So when is the dinner?”
Lwah: “tonight at our home.”
Me: “I will come with my little family. Any exciting upcoming events?” she squints her eyes and tilts her head to the side while looking at me.

Lwah: “you look pale. You actually look worn out but the make-up did a splendid job hiding it. Tell me. What is it that is bothering you?” I sigh and close my eyes for a moment. I then open them.

Me: “T-bone was attacked last night. He almost died. He is at the warehouse recovering but he hasn’t woken up. On the other side we know nothing about his attackers and we don’t know what to expect.” Her eyes pop out.
Lwah: “OMG! How is Cleo?”

Me: “you know I never knew how much she actually loves him until this morning. It was my first time seeing her vulnerable and crying. She said some things about T-bone wanting to take their relationship to the next level. She is devastated.”

Lwah: “I can imagine. How are you? I mean I can imagine how you feel. Losing Khwezi and almost losing Thabiso. You must feel sad or something.” I exhale loudly.
Me: “I will live. He is going to be okay. I am just angry that I know nothing about his attackers. I wish I can find them so that I can let Silo feast on them. I am super angry and she is baying for their blood.”