chapter 5- The Apartment

Two weeks went past, and I was still at Marcus's apartment, the threat didn't go away are at least that's what Marcus was telling me.

I didn't know what to believe, he's been lying to me since we first met how could I trust a word he said now. It's just I have a gut feeling that he is not telling me everything.

All this talk about gangs and my dad being a part of that it just sounds ridiculous. When I was a kid, I liked to believe I knew my dad, he was a kind person a good dad he wouldn't be caught up in some criminal activity.

He wouldn't leave his family and make them suffer the grief of losing him when he was alive all along. He wouldn't do that would he? I didn't know what to believe anymore. She didn't know who to trust.

Surely, she should trust Marcus, right? He has showed that he would and could protect her. Of course, he could he was her bodyguard after all apparently but that didn't mean that she trusted him not after all this.

She sat on her temporary bed thinking it over and over that this is really happening that she is in danger.

Just the word danger sends a chill up her back she didn't know the people that were after her, well that wasn't true she knew one Peter.

How did he even get involved in this in the first place? did he always know about her farther? did he know when they were dating?

All this questioning in her mind was giving her a headache, she felt the throbbing pain in the middle of her head. She needed to lie down.

She woke up with a startle someone was knocking her door, she noticed her headache was gone thank god she didn't need that on top of everything else. She already knew who was at the door, it happened the same every day for two weeks.

Marcus would knock on my door; I tell him he can come in he opens the door and just stands there looking like he needs to tell me something, but he never spits it out.

Its like he wants to tell me the real truth, but something is holding him back what? I do not know.

So today is the same thing "you can come in Marcus" I say inviting him in.

He opens the door and opens his mouth and I think maybe he will say today what he has been trying to say for two weeks. But that thought dissipates when he closes his mouth again and turns to leave.

I can't handle it any more I need to know so I say "Marcus you have to stop doing this two weeks its the same thing will you just tell me what you want to say" "I can't" he says in a low voice.

"Marcus It can't be that bad just tell me" I say pleading for him to tell me, "if I tell you you wont look at me the same." "What are you talking about?" The way he's talking now I kind of don't want to know. But a part of me is curious. "When I tell you there is no way of going back, besides right now is not the time."

"When will the right time be?" I demand. "Just give me some time and I'll tell you everything" he says with an exhausted voice "you said that before" I say under my breath. He doesn't hear thats good that would have made this awkward. "Is that it Marcus?" I say frustrated by his behaviour, "yeah um I'll go.

"He looks sad as he leaves the room. Why does he look sad?

He wants us to be professional and thats what Im doing. Why is he acting all hurt? When he did the same to me, hes the one that doesn't want to acknowledge what happened in that elevator. Even if he isn't going acknowledge it it still happened, and it won't leave my mind even if he has forgotten all about it.

We have been walking on eggshells for two weeks now, we both don't bring up what happened in the elevator.

But one day about a week ago, something nearly happened. We were so close to repeating what happened in the elevator, it all started when I thought Marcus was away out, so I decided to use the shower. I was halfway shaving my legs when I heard a door slam, footsteps walking to the bathroom.