Chapter 7: Fights and Failures

The rest of the second week went by and it was a bit shaky. Izuku called her about every other night, crying and shaking. Y/n would stay up many hours and console him, often resulting in the both of them lacking a lot of sleep. He even told her about the rumors students would spread, but she understood that they were just lies. The third week was much better. She didn't get any calls or texts in the middle of the night from him and they got normal hours of sleep. Even better, Izuku has been eating more and not throwing any of it up. He's been eating once every day instead of four or less meals a week.

Throughout their third week of being friends, they hung out every day. Y/n finally got him to do some tik toks and they had a lot of fun the entire time. Although this week has been better than previous ones, Izuku refuses to look at his cuts. He begins to panic whenever he tries to, and although he is gaining weight back, he still feels ugly and insecure about his body. However, he tries to not let it get to him.

It's the end of their third week of being friends. The pair walk cheerfully to school. They spot Bakugou by the entrance, giving them each their own personalized death glare. Izuku looks down at his feet to avoid the threatening gaze of his old childhood friend. Y/n gives him an icy glare in return, challenging him. Bakugou scoffs and storms into the school, pushing into peoples' shoulders as he walks past them.

"Well he seems peachy!" Y/n remarks, sarcastically as they walk to their first class.

"Always." Izuku chuckles.

They sit in their seats next to each other and Y/n speaks up.

"Hey, Izu. I've noticed that you call him Kacchan? Why? Isn't his name something else?" she asks, tilting her head at him.

He turns to look over at her and smiles softly, reminiscing.

"Well his name is Bakugou Katsuki, but when we were little kids, I called him Kacchan instead of Katsuki chan since I could barely pronounce things." he replies, wishing he could go back to those days. The days before he was deemed quirkless.

"Oh, so you guys go way back huh? How come he's so rude to you? Well, he's rude to everyone, but especially you." she asks.

"We've known each other since we were toddlers actually. Our moms would have weekly dinners and everything, so our families were pretty close, making us close too. I remember him always being bossy and aggressive, but he wasn't super mean to everyone until he got his quirk, explosions. He kinda gained a superiority complex after that, especially when I came to school and the teacher made me tell them I was quirkless." He looks down and frowns a bit, remembering the embarrassment of that day. The day everything went downhill.

"Ah, so from that day on, he thought he was better than everyone, thus making him a bully. But still, how come he treats you worse than the other quirkless kids in this school? It seems he goes all out when it comes to you. Giving me fan behavior vibes." Y/n smirks, taking out her books.

"I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I still want to be a hero even though it's kinda obvious that I can't be." Izuku begins playing with the end of his sleeves and he can feel his anxiety rise from this topic.

Y/n snaps her head towards him and raises an eyebrow at her friend.

"Says who?!" she questions.

Izuku looks at her with wide eyes at her outburst.

"W-well, pretty much everyone." he replies, making Y/n shake her head and begin her rant.

"Do you know how smart you are? Who cares if you are still the original prototype for mankind. You're probably the smartest kid in this damn school!" she exclaims loudly, causing some students to look in their direction.