Quirk Introduction

When Sakura realizes the only power passed back down to her was her superb healing, she was pissed.

Don't get her wrong, healing was super useful, it literally saved millions of lives, but she worked hard dammit. Her chakra reserves went from decent to non-existent. Her strength that could disintegrate a hundred men with a single punch? Gone!

She was pissed.

She hadn't felt a rage this unholy since her stupid boyfriend left the stupid village for a stupid snake!

"Sakura-chan, why are you so upset honey? This is great! Your quirk is very very rare, and very special," Sakura's new mother cooed.

"I wanna punch!" Sakura nearly screeched, resisting the urge to stop her foot.

"Is this because of Hinata-chan's quirk? Aw, that's so cute baby," her mother continued to coo.

Hinata and Sakura had found each other by chance, being enrolled in the same daycare. Sakura shivered, gloominess overtaking her anger. Daycare. God, she was five years old and in something before another level called pre-school.

She'd never felt this humiliated.

Well, that's probably a lie. There were plenty of times Tsunade-shishou made her deal with the grossest of cases in order to desensitize her to the life of a medic (urine, bile, blood, feces, puss; you name it, she's been covered in it). And you can't forget all the times she was defeated with hardly any effort before she really took her training seriously.

Looking back on it, Sakura was lucky she didn't die due to sheer incompetence.

She calmed down soon enough, smoothing down her thankfully-still-pink hair.

"Is it really that rare?" She asked instead, trying to see the silver lining.

"Mhm, Dr. Kanikama said that healing quirks aren't genetic at all! Isn't that interesting? It's what makes them one of the rarest quirks in the world, right up there with teleportation and mind reading."

The thought cheered Sakura up a little bit.

"And you know what else he said?" Kimiko prompted, eyes wide for dramatasicm.

"What did he say?" Sakura asked.

"He said that your healing quirk is very unique. He said that it's rare to find a healing quirk that was so easy to control and that relied solely on you," Kimiko said with wonder, back starting to ache from being bent down to her daughter's level for so long.

Sakura felt a small thrill run up her spine. Was she really that special? She'd blame it on her physical age, but hearing all the ways she was rare made her feel like she actually mattered.

"That being said..." Kimiko drifted off, tone becoming more serious. "Your quirk is really amazing, my flower, but it's also dangerous. You have to be careful about who you tell and when you use it. I know you don't see many healing heroes in the news, and it's that way for a reason. It's extremely rare to have a healing quirk, especially one like yours. People will want to... force you to use it. You understand, hun?"

Sakura frowned. She'd never... ah, she supposed it was this way for Tsunade-sama when Orochimaru offered to bring back her fiancé.

"Yes, mama," she said with meaning.

This new world was strange, with villains instead of ronin or missing nin or simply just rival villages. It was so technologically advanced that it made Sakura's head spin, and so non-traditional that she didn't know if she should celebrate or mourn the loss of structure she was used to.