Somehow, I doubt 'destruction via petulant deity', is covered by the insurance

Agent Barton and Agent Romanov drove away from the SHIELD helicarrier in a tan jeep loaded with supplies. Natasha had made sure everything was secure before driving down the beaten dirt path toward the dense jungle.

When they reached a small clearing near the river, Natasha jumped out of the jeep and grabbed the backpack. They tied the tent up between two trees and built a small fire in front of the tent, preparing for nightfall.

"If I don't swing on a vine and escape a giant boulder at least once, then I consider this mission a failure," Clint remarked as he tied one end of the tent.

Natasha rolled her eyes and continued setting up the camp.

"I know you understood that reference."

"How could I not, considering we saw Raider of the Lost Ark on our first date."

"You know how much I love it! I couldn't pass up a chance to share my favorite movie with my favorite person."

"I'm surprised you didn't bring your hat with you," She teased.

Clint opened his pack and pulled out the familiar brown hat Natasha had bought him as a gift.

"Maybe I did."

He placed it on his head and set his bow down next to the tree. That earned yet another eye roll from Natasha.

"I couldn't pass up the opportunity."

"If you do anything stupid, I'm leaving you behind."

"You know you love me, Tasha."

Natasha tied her SHIELD jacket around her waist as the sun rose higher in the sky, leaving her black tank top underneath. The harsh rays began peeking between the trees as she readjusted her mop of red hair into a ponytail. She motioned for Clint to follow her into the jeep.

"The sooner we find this artifact, the sooner we can go home."

"I can't believe you're not enjoying this," Clint questioned.

Natasha began to explain the intel she had been given by Fury.

"It's an artifact Hydra has been searching for since the '40s. The Lifeblood Circlet is said to give the wearer control over anyone who touches the ruby in the center."

"And you told me this wasn't an Indiana Jones adventure!"

"Well, the Holy Grail wasn't altered with 1940's Stark Tech. Howard placed it in one of the old ruins around here after the artifact was declared too powerful."

"Why didn't he just destroy it?"

"This is Howard Stark we're talking about. He doesn't do anything without a show. And it's also said to be cursed by an ancient deity."

"This keeps getting better and better!" Clint enthused.

Natasha rolled her eyes and continued driving through the rough terrain until they found a crumbling, stone ruin matching the description given by Fury.

"Whatever you do, don't touch anything," Clint reminded.

"You listened to me for once."

"No, I just know what happens when you touch anything in an abandoned temple."

The pair wandered inside, The walls towered over the room, mud, and clay covering up any opening where light might stream through. Darkness covered everything around them, making it impossible to see what was ahead. Natasha turned on her flashlight, scaring a cluster of bats taking refuge in the corner walls. Clint opted to pick up the torch lying in the corner, lighting it with a match from his pack.