Teasing

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not having posted in a while, I've been very busy and haven't found the time to write. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

Peko and Fuyuhiko were eating together in the cafeteria with the rest of their class.

"Hey Peko?" Fuyuhiko asked, turning to the girl next to him. "Yeah?" she responded, her mouth full of chicken salad. 'she's so cute'  he thought, chuckling a little bit. 

"So um... ya know Sonia?"

Her heart sank as he said the princess' name. "Y-Yeah... yeah I do know her." Peko sniffed, feeling her nose start to get runny. She looked away uncomfortably.

Fuyuhiko raised an eyebrow but continued. "So, I need you to put in a good word for someone the next time you talk to her." 

Peko's eyes stung and she was grateful he couldn't see her face. "Sure... I didn't know you had a thing for her..." her voice cracked and she cleared her throat. Why was her chest tightening? She didn't like him, she couldn't. She was just his hit-woman. Nothing more than a tool.

But it still hurt her. She took a swig of her drink, trying to calm herself.

Fuyuhiko gave her a somewhat bewildered look. "U-Uh... no- Kazuichi likes her, and he's my friend. I'm just looking out for him. Why are you so concerned with who I like anyway? Ya like me or something?" he gave her a smirk and Peko choked on her water. 

His golden eyes sparkled with mischief and his freckled, blushing cheeks were raised in a cheeky grin. 

She snapped out of her daze and punched him lightly in the shoulder, laughing. "Never in a million years, lover-boy!"

He snickered. "Your face says otherwise." 

"Gah!" she quickly covered her face, feeling it burn with embarrassment.

"Shut up."

"Yes ma'am." 

She giggled at his sarcastic but charming tone. He got up to take his empty plate to one of the sinks while having a stupid grin plastered on his face. Then he got a devilish look and Peko froze.

 As he passed by he stooped and brought his head close to her neck, his breath sending shivers down her body. 

"Ya know... if you want me, just say so~" 

Then he walked away, leaving Peko with a stunned expression and a racing heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peko's PoV

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?! 

Fuyuhiko just flirted with me! I felt my stomach twist in several knots.

When I calmed down and thought about it, he'd flirted with me all the time since we were little. Not to mention, sometimes we would kiss or fool around a bit, but we were kids. It was never serious. And after all, it's not like I could get excited about it. Even though I wasn't exactly his hit-woman anymore, it still felt like there were certain boundaries i couldn't push. 

I stared at the wall blankly. 'jeez', i thought to myself. 'you really need to get a grip.'