Volume 1 - Chapter 6: Mysteries and Teammates

(Y/N) was waiting in Ozpin's office for him to arrive.

While he was waiting, he'd seen the results of the initiation. He was quite confused when he'd found out Jaune was the leader of Team JNPR, and Ruby was the leader of Team RWBY, but at least Weiss wasn't a leader.

He shuddered at the thought of Weiss being a team leader.

He heard the elevator doors open behind him, and he turned around to see Ozpin and Glynda walking up behind him.

"So, am I expelled?" he asked.

"No," Ozpin said.

"Dammit."

Ozpin sat down at his desk, as Glynda stood beside him.

"Come on, Oz," (Y/N) said. "I came back without a partner. Doesn't that disqualify me?"

"No," Ozpin shook his head. "Show me your relic."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened, and he slowly pulled the relic of the dragon out of his pocket. He stared at it for a moment, before looking back to Ozpin.

"What is it?" he asked.

"What?" Ozpin said.

"This," (Y/N) said. "The dragon. Is this what my faunus traits belong to?"

"Yes," Ozpin said.

"What is it?" (Y/N) asked.

Ozpin stayed silent for a moment, before reaching out for the relic.

"Give it to me."

(Y/N) pulled the relic away from him.

"What? Is? It?!"

Before Ozpin could answer, Glynda used her semblance to pull the relic from his hand, and levitate it to Ozpin's hand.

"In time, I will tell you," Ozpin said. "But not today."

(Y/N) growled in anger, and slammed his fist against the desk, leaving a small crater on the table.

"YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME NOW!!!!" he shouted. "I didn't come all this way to learn who I am, only for you to refuse to tell me!"

"I will tell you," Ozpin said. "I made a promise, and I fully intend to keep it. But that isn't my concern right now. Right now, my only concern is that you get yourself some rest. Settle yourself in."

(Y/N) sighed. "Oz... what were those things?"

Ozpin raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Those things in the forest," (Y/N) said. "I encountered two creatures in the forest. I've never seen them before."

"Well, I can't explain what they are if--"

"You were monitoring us!" (Y/N) cut him off. "You saw them too! Now answer me, Ozpin! WHAT ARE THEY?!"

Ozpin sighed, adjusting his glasses.

"You know of the creatures of Grimm. Beings with no soul. Creatures drawn to negativity, who only seek to destroy anything with a soul."

"Yes," (Y/N) said.

"What if I told you... Grimm were not the only creatures in Remnant?"

(Y/N)'s mind went blank for a moment, and he blinked in confusion.

"Huh?"

"What you saw were kaiju," Glynda continued. "Creatures much like the Grimm. Only they have souls. Which is why they look like any normal creature. They have personalities, and forms of survival, only they are more than willing to kill humans or faunus.